PDA

View Full Version : Honest Thief

Death-Dude
02-23-2003, 03:19 AM
Honest Thief article (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=7916)

The Dutch are famous for not legislating morality, as the article mentions. I just read an article in the business section of the local rag that the RIAA is databasing the users of Kazaa, and if they can ever finalize the ruling with Verizon, forcing them to give up a user of theirs who had a huge repository of MP3s, that htey would like to make a few more 'poster chilren' out of large file-swappers. The ruling went originally for Verizon, then got overturned in appelate court to favor the RIAA, and now Verizon is appealing that. I doubt any small potatoes will be prosecuted if that were to happen, but I'm sure they have their eyes on some big ones. The article was about how not-anonymous people are on the net, especially in P2P progs, and how the RIAA, or nearly anyone, can get your IP and ultimately you if you are doing illegal things with it.

OUTLAWS The Machine
02-23-2003, 03:22 AM
:hmmm:

Stealth
02-23-2003, 05:01 AM
:hmmm: RIIIGGGHTTT

Intense Fury
02-23-2003, 05:53 AM
:hmmm:

Mr Clean
02-24-2003, 04:11 PM
I wonder how true any if that is, especially considering that "privacy" on the web is constantly being redefined by the courts...

Death-Dude
02-26-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Feb 24 2003, 10:11 AM
I wonder how true any if that is, especially considering that "privacy" on the web is constantly being redefined by the courts...
Right. This case with Verizon will be something of a landmark, however. I think the RIAA is chasing it's tail, but if they get cleared to do so, I'm sure they'll try to make a couple 'examples' out of people, like kids at school with 80 gigs of music available day-round on a server.

Mr Clean
02-27-2003, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Death-Dude+Feb 26 2003, 02:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death-Dude @ Feb 26 2003, 02:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@Feb 24 2003, 10:11 AM
Right. This case with Verizon will be something of a landmark, however. I think the RIAA is chasing it&#39;s tail, but if they get cleared to do so, I&#39;m sure they&#39;ll try to make a couple &#39;examples&#39; out of people, like kids at school with 80 gigs of music available day-round on a server. [/b][/quote]
I have no doubt your right death....in fact I wouldn&#39;t be surprised if they already have their targets picked out, waiting for the first chance to unleash their lawyers....

GreatWhite
03-17-2003, 05:17 PM
:hmmm: O...K...A...YY......