PDA

View Full Version : Age Of Conan Is Released Now

ME BIGGD01
05-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I just got word you can now pick up the game which was scheduled to release next Wednesday but they made it earlier. You can get it now if you want. The server will open up today sometime.

I need to finish my coffee and get out of my pajamas and hurry to Best Buy or EB to who ever has the game.

Zed
05-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Piracy ftw !

He Is Legend
05-17-2008, 06:44 PM
A monthly fee isn't really that big of a deal to me

ME BIGGD01
05-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Piracy???---Noob:)

I picked it up and was unhappy not to be able to get the collection edition. Maybe for the better but whatever. If it fails to impress me than I will be happy I did not lose out too much. Servers or as I am told, the gates will be opene at 8pm.

He Is Legend
05-18-2008, 01:36 AM
so HOW IS IT ?

JIMINATOR
05-18-2008, 04:24 AM
shit? or steak?

ME BIGGD01
05-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Sorry I did not get back to you. I had to head over to the friend house who told me the game was released which it was to beat his ass.

Ok so How is the game? How the F should I know after I get home from work which all I had in my head was to get the game installed and start playing only to find out I could not log in.

Yeah was being patient. There was 2 DVD disks and the install took longer than 2 windows installations along with full service pack updates. I am not kidding.

SO I get it installed and do the account crap setup and I am getting nothing but errors saying logon is wrong and case sensitive.

I finally am able toget on to the forums there and this where all hell is breaking loose. People were pissed that the server were open only for people who paid for the 3 day early release. Of course I was not one of those lucky ones but had no idea that there was a way of doing that.

WHat was worst is that people actually did pay for this 3 day log on early thing but was unaware or never receive the ticket with code before funcom sold out of it. Mean while many people were still charged the 5 dollars. There were threads over threads of people pissed off. Here I am just pissed off that I wasted my F'ing time picking up a version of the game I did not want because my asshole friend tells me they were opening the servers at 8 pm. So I am or was already disapointed with the situation.

SO I am reading the threads at the forum and getting pissed off at the people who are telling people to stop whining or crying. I mean these people really had a valid point and they were robbed. SO being who I am starts telling people to STFU blah blah blah until I got my blood pressure up I can't sleep any more (almost 5 am and can't sleep) because I cant get my hands around the throats of these loser geeks. I honestly wish we had the ability to reach through the computer and punch the person on the other side.

Reading some of the positive threads, it appeared many were happy with the game. Many compared it to be 100 % perfected from the beta and the majority of the responses say it was very smooth.

I say F them and I hope there pc blows up. I really am pissed with the ability of a select few to get a jump on others. A person like me will level very slowly only to have some jerk off camping the spots you spawn at. Some nerds are already past level 22 so I am like how easy is it to level in this game. I just picture a bunch of guys who never get laid drinking that green soda with lots of caffeine leveling. This is the stuff I hate about this kind of game. More I hate that I get really pissed at these kinds of people and will never get the chance to physically hurt them for being the way they are. But that's just me:D .

So I won't say the game will be perfect but I do see some positives along with negatives. It all comes down to see what it will be like when everyone is able to log on. I get a month free to see if I like it.

Pros=
people saying it runs smooth with no lag like it was in the beta version.
The graphics look great in either mode dx9 or 10. Some said the effects looked better in 10 but I take that with a grain of salt.
There is a lot of people going to play this game so servers will have good numbers.

Cons
I have to F'ing wait until Tuesday to play the darn game which was expected anyway but I bought the version I did not want.
Looks like a bunch of jerk offs going toplay this game (the ones who were mad that people were mad they got ripped off and cheated)
I can not physically harm the putz who pisses me off by killing me because he is much higher lvl'd.
I see myself getting banned before I quit the game because of it
This game will force me into another anger management course:mad: .
People getting a head start on leveling.
I read that spawn camping is against the rules which is a good thing but not built into the game yet. Therfore this can get you suspended or banned for spawn killing by a game master who appears at a point when it is being done.it's called something else but I can not remeber the term they used).
I am all for PVP but I hate the fact that higher level players can kill you when you have no chance. I mean it should not be allowed unless I attack the higher level or if I am killed I lose nothing and do not get harmed where I have to fix my crap. I don't know the rules but getting ganked by a bunch of geeks will only cause me to break something close to me.

I guess I will let you know how the game is for me on Tuesday.

ME BIGGD01
05-18-2008, 09:16 AM
F it, I will post a few of the posts.

http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/images/icons/icon14.gif First Impressions
Launch for EA was really smooth!

Character creation is something I'm not a fan of.. they are not all that unique. We're all modeled after Barbie and Ken - would be nice to be a short chick with a beer gut if I so desire. I'm totally okay with every form being a 'true' human... don't need gnomes and dwarves to be unique... but gosh, let me look a bit different!

Having to understand you need to select unique instances for any area from level 5 to 20 to play with folks you know is confusing. It's VERY easy to remedy... but the fact that people don't know how to do it is a minus imo. Would have been nice to have them explain it upfront, rather than leaving folks to fumble around begging for explanations in OOC trying to figure out how to find their friends/guilds/spouses/etc =P

Other than that... I'm not complaining. It's too early for me to assess how the game will be.. it truly is supposed to 'start' at level 20 when you leave Tortage, and the highest of my 3 toons is 13. The quests are interesting, the day/night story lines are engaging, and I feel compelled to continue moving forward - big plus!

As the first 20 levels are designed to 'teach' your class... I felt that was done well. I tried a tank, a priest, and a dps caster, and with every single one, I felt as I leveled I was given abilities/quests in a manner that gave me time to explore what I could do without feeling overwhelmed without feeling anything was too easy. (I did discover during the 'night' phase.. you can buy some nutty good armor from a vendor on the docks.)

For anyone who worried this was 'Vanguard Redux', I assure you... it ain't... this game runs well, I found very few bugs in the starter areas and there is all sorts of promise.

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt and add your thoughts/opinions! I'm definitely excited and hope you are too! I just thought I'd toss out what I thought after playing this evening =)

ME BIGGD01
05-18-2008, 09:19 AM
One stealther camping the White Island 2-3 shotting everything and then camping the only option for respawn point . Whatever class that is is the most overpowered class I have ever seen in any MMO . The guy was being attacked by several people and just ran from each one 2 - 3 shotting them and then gets to invis till stamina backup . This is worse than Shadowblades in DAoC tenfold .

Very lame .

I loved pretty much everything up to that point . Can't wait for the nerf bat to crush the easy mode wave riders . I can only imagine how sad the life of people who do that kind of thing must be . Do you get any kind of reward for killing the same people over and over again ? The kid had to of known there was no out for people who get killed there other than the one spawn spot .

Being able to camp spawn spots is just not very well thought out . How are people supposed to get back in the game ?

Call me what you want , i don't care . What I do care about is a balanced PvP game not a game where 80% of the players are stealthing gods in invincible mode .

I am having flashbacks of early DAoC days ....

Please fix this or it is going to have a negative impact on the PvP servers . The majority of the people on there are going to be stealthers . If they can do so much damage give them a quarter of the hitpoints they get and make it so they can't hide for 5 mins after an attack and only if nobody is in site of them .

Waaaaaah

Today, 08:50 AM #15
Terje
Associate Producer

Set PvE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have made the shield of the risen last longer and added some other goodies to it. This will help against the spawn camping.

We will get it out to the servers as soon as we can.

SALvation
05-19-2008, 03:42 AM
I picked up the game today so look for me online come Tuesday.

Grimmy
05-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I will be picking it up tomorrow after work. I been told the people I game with rolled on the Omm server. Hope to see ya there :)

ME BIGGD01
05-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Hope to see you guys in. I am going to level real slow and try to learn a little before getting ganked to death. Not sure what character to choose yet.

Grimmy
05-19-2008, 11:26 PM
I haven't desided on a toon either yet. Was looking on their site, but imo their site is a little confusing. Hope they change it tomorrow, so ya can see what styles they have, ect.

Other then that, I hope AoC likes the upgrades I just ordered for it hehe nother vid card and an add in power supply :D

ME BIGGD01
05-20-2008, 01:22 AM
The forum is full of idiots. You cannot get any straight info because there are too many people commenting and none of it is fact.

I read there was no dx10 in the game and if that is true it pisses me off.

I am waiting until next month to get new video cards.

SALvation
05-20-2008, 02:39 AM
No DX10 support until August, but from what I read the game looks great even with DX9.

ME BIGGD01
05-20-2008, 03:26 AM
Yeah that's what I heard and that's the reason I thought it was DX10.

According to there last message, 12 am servers are opening.

JIMINATOR
05-22-2008, 02:13 AM
ok, that was two days ago. opinions?

PJ'l_Master
05-23-2008, 12:21 AM
I will be picking it up tomorrow after work. I been told the people I game with rolled on the Omm server. Hope to see ya there :)

since no one else posted a server name before you so ill be joining Omm here soon grimmy :)

edit: enjoying the game so far, character name Cauterizer

ME BIGGD01
05-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Here is my Review

The installation was huge = 2 DVD's that took almost 30 minutes to install. Have a large hard drive.

As far as the game I will say that I really can not tell you how a game like this is suppose to be. I am a noob when it comes to this but hey so were many of you that enjoy this kind of game.

I actually have played a few others and the last one was Vanguard which I liked until the bugs in the game and hacks were never fixed along with rules changing which IMO ruined it.

The graphics to AOC are ok. I will say it will tax your system so don't bother with a generic pc. I actually was unimpressed with the graphics until I actually went in and changed the settings to max on everything. That made a big difference and only those with a powerful system will understand visually.

The interface is blah if you ask me. I thought Vanguards were much better. It needs work but the game has been out less than a week so I will see what happens or just adjust to it.

Some things in game such as merchants are hard to find or they are just disabled until you reach a particular level. I am unsure as why bother reading instructions when it would cut in to my playing time.

I will say the game has been flawless. I have not seen any real glitches and game play has been smooth since I started playing.

Now I have played games like this before and I will tell you that the fighting style is #1. The controls are easy to learn and to prove it just understands that I am playing it and catching on very easily. It is not the click on a little button kind of fighting. You are in there like it's an fps game and killing multiple things at once. You also will love the mortal kombat type of finishes. It really impresses you when you cut a head or limb of or pound the enemies head in with a club. Honestly I find it very unique compared to the boring click button here, click button there. There is no hit for hit in this game. You just combo your hits and you will enjoy the battles when up against multiple people.

The audio sounds great but the voice over’s kind of suck. I hear they have not done voice across the maps so I will judge when I get passed some levels.

The characters are ok. I would say they look like characters from oblivion except you actually see tits and ass and will occasionally be flashed. Unless you can jerk off to this and find this even more exciting, I will say it does add some fun to the game.

All in all, I am going to give the game at this point 8 out of 10. I find it fun and full of action but I am disappointed that the game claimed to be Direct X 10 and is not. This is what you get when Nvidia supports a game. There 8000 series dx10 cards do not do dx10 all that well so there trick is to pay off the game companies by helping them code for there cards. It's a fact and when Nvidia releases there new cards next month you will see that DX10 will be more available in games. I still say its scummy and we get F'd in the long run. Rumors say that DX 10 will be added by august which like I said is when Nvidias new cards without broken DX10 will be out.

I honestly believe if you have been bored with the latest titles and looking for something new, give this game a try. I would love to see you all in game.

My game name is "CODAN" AND AT LEVEL 18.

He Is Legend
05-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Loved the review biggs, got me even more hyped up to try the game :D

Think you could get fraps and record us a little gameplay ?

PJ'l_Master
05-23-2008, 06:43 PM
what server biggs?

and theres plenty of videos on youtube already legend :)

FUS1ON
05-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Nice review Biggs

The black type you used sucks against the blue background of this skin, you have to swipe over it to read.

BobtheCkroach
05-23-2008, 07:52 PM
Nice review Biggs

The black type you used sucks against the blue background of this skin, you have to swipe over it to read.

It's the same black font that you're typing in on this skin :P

ME BIGGD01
05-24-2008, 02:29 PM
I am on the blue steel server.

I took some screen shots but will have to edit them because they are too big. I play screen size 1920x1200.

ANother bad part of this game is they still don't have the banks working which is retrded if you ask me.

PJ'l_Master
05-25-2008, 01:52 PM
playing a barbarian now named murderface on omm grimmy

ME BIGGD01
05-25-2008, 10:04 PM
All I know is they better get them damn banks and Auction houses up because this game wont last long if they don't.

I am LV22 now and I am still using crap. The drops suck for me for some reason as everything I get I can not use. Pissing me off.

PJ'l_Master
05-25-2008, 11:26 PM
yea, im at 18 on my barbarian and have been living off the cheap stuff :P

its ok though, it'll be more money for my mount haha

ME BIGGD01
05-26-2008, 08:36 AM
I just finished all quests in T and now on to a new place which is like Gank fest 08. I had some punks spawn camping me that were 11 lvls higher than me each so you can imagine the kind words I had for them. This is the one thing I hate about these games. The loser who has no life gets to play this game much more and lvl because they probably dont work while people like me have to work and lvl at a much slower pace. I hope they die in their sleep tonight and I feel like beating up a nerd tomorrow.

Sepra
05-26-2008, 12:26 PM
So all servers are pvp servers throughout pve zones? I thought there were designated server types for that.

Edit: I just went to the site and it did explain pve and pvp servers. I knew I read that. I'm curious as to why you're getting ganked while trying to level. Explain to an AoC noob. :D

PJ'l_Master
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
i joined a PvE server to avoid all that :P

He Is Legend
05-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I can't play on anything but PvP servers,

PvE is just mad boring.
No action, no ganking, no fun :(

ME BIGGD01
05-26-2008, 04:26 PM
So all servers are pvp servers throughout pve zones? I thought there were designated server types for that.

Edit: I just went to the site and it did explain pve and pvp servers. I knew I read that. I'm curious as to why you're getting ganked while trying to level. Explain to an AoC noob. :D

Sepra, you have to remeber me in DAOC:D . I still don't know what the F I am doing:D .

As far as I know though, you have the ability to do your training in a mode by yourself along with I forget what kind of switch it does but the PVP is real in this game and where I am at is huge and PVP is alive. There are different servers or kinds of servers but for those who want PVE or PVP have the option to go to a different server. I wish I could explain better but I can not because you would be better off listening to someone who knows these kinds of games.

I enjoy PVP and with this combat style fighting makes it extra fun. I do hate the bitch ass punks that grief you when you don't have a shot to beat them anyway because they are much higher level.. I hate people that attack you while you are fighting an NPC but can dealw ith that as long as you have a shot.

Yesterday was funny because I got killed outside by a LVL 34 who was really bad ass and had some amazing powers in game. HE was cool though and probably killed me because my friend was dumb enough to F with him. What was funny is I had to get my corpse and he blocked the exit out of town with this weird thing that shot electic boltz at you if you went near it. So I am on Vent with a few guys and my firend wants to go the other way but I told him I needed tomb stone so I went out there which sure enough forced me to run back into the gate as my friend started cracking up because he said I had lighting bolz coming out of my ass as I was running. It was pretty funny but I wish he grabbed a screenshot of it because it was rather cool graphic wise at that point.

Anyway Sepra, this game has a lot of options and the forums I think are locked out to everyone who does not have an account. I wish I could give you a straight answer but all I know the PVP is real in this game and figting is intense.

ME BIGGD01
05-26-2008, 04:26 PM
i joined a PvE server to avoid all that :P

Are you kidding me?

PJ'l_Master
05-26-2008, 05:32 PM
Are you kidding me?

not at all, i like to be able to level and do quests and stuff in peace, and i can still PvP in the PvP areas, theres just no ******y ganking / camping to be had

Sepra
05-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Ahh ok Bigg. It's just like Mordred server in DAOC. You were complaing about being pissed so much from getting ganked while pveing that I was thinking it wasn't an option to have seperate pve/pvp areas as an optional server.

SALvation
05-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Look for me as "Salvation" or "Slizzy" on Omm.

Sirc
05-27-2008, 07:11 PM
No free trial? That's unusual these days for an MMORPG. LOTRO taught me NOT to buy a game without at least a taste of the gameplay. And yes, LOTRO has a free trial, I just assumed it was going to be good so I bought it. Mistake.

SALvation
05-27-2008, 08:34 PM
If you buy the game you can get a code for a 7 day guest pass for someone.

Sirc
05-27-2008, 08:43 PM
If you buy the game you can get a code for a 7 day guest pass for someone.

And me, being your bestest friend, will receive a guest pass? :)

Or maybe not. Damn. :bawling:

EDIT: I'm changing my name to "Someone".

PJ'l_Master
05-27-2008, 10:48 PM
i actually didnt get my guest pass key when i made my account or id give 'er to ya sirc

having played both LOTRO and AoC, AoC is the best MMO around simply for the combat system, ESPECIALLY the fatalities :D

ME BIGGD01
05-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I am under the impression if you buy the game you get 30 days free. This will atleast cover your 50 bucks from a month worth of playing. I guess yeah it's still a lost but if you are into the game you may just become happy with it and therefore continue. I hate the pay per month type of game but if you play it and don't buy any other games for the year you will will save money that way. I bought a few games the past couple of years and to be honest they got boring too fast.

Sirc
05-27-2008, 11:42 PM
I am under the impression if you buy the game you get 30 days free. This will atleast cover your 50 bucks from a month worth of playing. I guess yeah it's still a lost but if you are into the game you may just become happy with it and therefore continue. I hate the pay per month type of game but if you play it and don't buy any other games for the year you will will save money that way. I bought a few games the past couple of years and to be honest they got boring too fast.

Not gonna happen. Unless I can get an idea of what the gameplay is like I'm not going to spend a penny on it. I'm still playing WoW, and if another game company wants to lure me away then it's up to them to take the gamble, not me.

ME BIGGD01
05-28-2008, 02:40 PM
I am unaware of any mmo to give a game as demo such as this. Not familiar with WOW either and don't know if theylet you try it before you buy it.

As far as this game, I cannot see how because the install is two full dvds that take forever to install. he compression rate on the dvd's are massive so I can't see someone downloading this content just to test it out being possiible. I think sometimes it is a gamble or people will just pass on it. There is a lot of videos on the web though you can check out to see if it looks good or not. I will say I have not had any issues such as crashes or getting stuck. When I played Vanguard, I would fall through the world constantly which was nothing less of a pain in the ass.

This game is not perfect yet but I will say considering it is damn good for only being out for a week. They just released another big patch and kicked a lot of exploiters which shows they are on top of things. Thta was a major concern.

I can't tell anyone what they will or wont like but I myself like this game and find the quality to be decent enough to continue on. I see the numbers are good which makes one believe they are doing well. I also like that they have been taking measurements to make sure things do not screw up.

If you decide to give it a shot, I think you may actually enjoy it as it is not the same style as other mmo's where you just click on a button then another. You actually have to use your combos with the keys to win a fight.

PJ'l_Master
05-28-2008, 07:08 PM
the best youd prolly be able to do sirc'y is to check out youtube and watch the videos there

Sirc
05-28-2008, 11:39 PM
I am unaware of any mmo to give a game as beta such as this.

The game is still in beta? :confused:

Grimmy
05-28-2008, 11:54 PM

No AoC isn't in beta, it's released.

I would write more about AoC, but well I haven't gotten a lot of play time yet. What time I have had to play, I been doing a lot of quests, and just getting used to the different commands and how to play. Way different then DAOC. Still setting up my gamepad.

I am also trying to get this sli setup to run right, which has been eating all my time. For some reason with the second card in, my 3DMark06 scores are only about 8-900 pts higher than using a single card, which imo isn't right.

More to come when I get everything running properly and get more play time :)

PJ'l_Master
05-29-2008, 01:10 AM

nah its officially released, however its "fresh out of the oven" so there are more bugs then normal is all

ME BIGGD01
05-29-2008, 06:53 AM
Geez, I read that and wonder at times where the hell my brain is. I meant to say demo.

Sorry about confusion.

He Is Legend
05-29-2008, 01:10 PM
I am also trying to get this sli setup to run right, which has been eating all my time. For some reason with the second card in, my 3DMark06 scores are only about 8-900 pts higher than using a single card, which imo isn't right.

Marz had the same problem Grim, talk to him and see what he says.

Anyways, about the game..Biggs theres a pretty good chance that this will have a demo, not saying now but in the near future. WoW was about 8 discs, 4 for the original game and 4 for the expansion and they have trial accounts out the wazoo. You can just download the client off the site on their own little FTP client.

MORGANA
05-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Very good Review ME BIGG, some screenies would be nice too! :cool: Yea is difficult to read it with GM Skin w/o Blogs:P

ME BIGGD01
05-31-2008, 08:55 AM
what lvls You guys at??? Just hit 34!!!! I wish I had the time to play this more but don't.

Grimmy
06-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I just high 22 last night, but I haven't had a whole lot of time to play. IMO the quests got more fun at lvl 20 :)

ME BIGGD01
06-01-2008, 01:15 AM
I beleuve the first 20 is practice or learning the game. once you leave tortage it's crazy.

Grimmy
06-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Yea, I just left tortage, and well new set of quests, and I been loading up so that when I go into another zone, I have serveral to do since I am there, and if I die, well get to turn some in, maybe lvl, and go back to finish more :)

PJ'l_Master
06-02-2008, 01:20 AM
just hit level 36 tonight after stopping to do the harvesting quests

Grimmy
06-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Just got lvl 25, 3/4 to 26, but can't keep my eyes open. Been up for over 25 hrs. Dam 16 hr shifts :(

ME BIGGD01
06-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Ding 39:thumbs:

Grimmy
06-03-2008, 12:08 AM
Gratz! :thumbs:

He Is Legend
06-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Damn Dan, if you can get addicted to this game I know it's mad fun. lol

ME BIGGD01
06-03-2008, 10:47 AM
I am getting pretty pissed off that issues are not be addressed sooner. This is what pisses me off about these games and maybe Sepra was correct about this company Funcom. It seems the patches they comeout with really do nothing but cause more problems. I have been trying to do a quest that for what ever reason is causingmy system to lock up and BSOD. This is not acceptable to me and I am getting pissed of that nothing is being fixed. They are not even responding to anyone which is the reason I am frustrated the most. I guess this is whythey locked off their froum to the genral public because people might see they are slackers and many people are cussing them out.

The only thing I finf good about this game is the combat system at this point. This is getting boring though considering the content is not up to par with whatit should be. No Direct X 10. The game does not utilize crossfire and or SLI.

I am so pissed that this game has so much potential and it's going to be wasted by a retarded company. I am actually proud of myself to be able to start to understand this kind of game as I got to lvl 40 with no help which for me is special considering I don't know WTF I am doing.

2 weeks left of 30 day and will consider not continuing.

ME BIGGD01
06-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Any of you guys getting BSOD's? I have been getting them after that patch a few days ago and it's frustrating me to death. Nothing changed on my system and it played great before.

I am starting to think this game has a problem with AMD/ATI or something that broken in their code. I am frustrated.

PJ'l_Master
06-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Any of you guys getting BSOD's? I have been getting them after that patch a few days ago and it's frustrating me to death. Nothing changed on my system and it played great before.

I am starting to think this game has a problem with AMD/ATI or something that broken in their code. I am frustrated.

i havent had any problems aside from normal small bugs and broken quests yet