PDA

View Full Version : Aoc Players

ME BIGGD01
07-09-2008, 05:48 PM
So where ya at in the game and what are your thoughts?

I will say I am really not happy with the lack of updates and or fixes thus far. I mean the patches are pathetic and I still get OOM errors and grey maps. I must say that Funcom actually has the ability to ruin a game that has so much potential. It seems they have no staff to get things done and god forbid you need to /petition something. LOL, that is the biggest joke along with the forums where anyone who mentions the game is broken you get told to go back to WOW. I left a guild because a lot of the player base in it left the game which pissed me off as I had no help with anything. I joined another and all seems good so far. I may give this game up depending on this month's outcome of patches. I am expecting my DT to get a boost which is needed because we have no pwer and can get owned in pvp from a person 10 lvls under. Tell me that was a joy while trying to lvl. This really has been the first mmo that I took serious and built up my toon all by myself. I learned a lot considering I was new to this kind of game. I pretty much solo'd every level which was ok but felt I needed to teach myself.

If Warhammer comes out I may try that. The only thing that holds me back to it is the company EA which I hate with a passion. This is the only reason to hold me back from purchase.

I also hate the claims that all MMO are released with bugs. While I believe there are bugs in everything, I belive nothing should be released unfinished such as Age of Conan. This should not be allowed and the excuse WOW had problems when it launched needs to be let go. I mean how many years ago was that? I find it criminal that software companies get away with robbing people like that and only pushes me to steal back from them at a later time.

PJ'l_Master
07-09-2008, 06:13 PM
stopped playing a couple weeks ago already, been playing more and more CoD as of late

ME BIGGD01
07-09-2008, 06:15 PM
I got bored with cod because of the maps. I am pissed they only have a few small maps which just ruined it for me.
cod2 much better imo.

PJ'l_Master
07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
you just gotta find the right servers is all, with good players.

also, modded servers have all kinds of custom maps, but of course your stats arent tracked there (unless a mod does it).

you played CoD2 obviously, remember toujane? a desert city map with a long street down the center, rooftop fighting, etc. someone redid that for CoD4, and of course the 3 new maps that came out in the latest patch (4, but i dont count killhouse).

unforgiven
07-10-2008, 06:00 PM
yeah man..my roommate has been bitchin about Aoc and how buggy it is....

ME BIGGD01
07-11-2008, 05:54 AM
I was so excited they were actually going to fix the DT's and when I logged on I noticed they F'ing F'd them up even worst. This shall be my last month of it. I want to stab a Funcom empoyee!!!!:down:

PJ'l_Master
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
i like the guardian alot, or liked rather :P

unforgiven
07-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Invisable players anyone? lmfao

Sepra
07-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Told you so?

Grimmy
07-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Funny, I know there are bugs, but I can only recall running into 2 of them. I as well been soloing myself, have a lvl 60 conquerer. I think that class needs some help, but so far I like the game play.

As far as the patches, well atleast they patch every week. I remember in DAOC, it was once a month, and for like the last 6 months I played, they were down for over 24 hours on patch day, and they over nerfed everything they touched. Which that usually lead to other next day down time patches, and they couldn't balance the game which imo is the reason a lot of people left the game.

I don't know much about WarHammer, other then what a good bud told me about it, he was in beta testing, and he didn't like it cause it looked exactly like WoW. I have no patience for EA, from what they did to DAOC, and now they pretty much copy the graphics from another game, but they probably have good PvP, like DAOC did.

Overall, I really like AoC. I know they are going to have a big patch some time in August, for the PvP of the game. Should be interesting to see what they come up with. As far as your game play, well ya just need to find the right people to hook up with, and it will make it a lot better.