PDA

View Full Version : I need your advice

Gun Element
07-17-2008, 07:04 PM
Ive been thinking about getting a tattoo for the past couple of weeks and then my friends brought it up that they were getting one, so I feel this is a good time for me to do it.

Anyway with that said, I have chosen 3 things, but they all seem a little... feminine to me. Thats where I need your guys's advice.

From Left to right:

1) Everything black but the pedals around her, but I might ask the person to do something tribal around her body other than the pedals. Cant decide if I want everything to be colored, need advice for that too.

2) Have everything black. The blood would either be red, or have it untouched so my skin outlines the blood. (ps, its gonna be her full body, legs and feet included) and her hair would go around her body, and down to her feet.

3) I like this one, but its probably not gonna be all that great as a tattoo, excluding the butterflys of course.

Sexyjess
07-17-2008, 07:22 PM
most ppl that thinking about getting tatoos has been thinking in years not weeks maybe u should think some more....

i mean its going to be on your body rest of your life..?

i like the anime u choose i whould take elfen lied, but i whould paint it on the wall in my room instead of my body forever...

just my opinion :)

Sexyjess
07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
but i have been thinking myself on a tatoo the anime naruto (on my back)long time but im to scared to do it maybe i will regret it later :P :D

petter
07-17-2008, 08:07 PM
The third one looks much better than the other 2 IMO.

Asian Invasian
07-17-2008, 08:44 PM
none. be a trendsetter.

Nitro
07-17-2008, 08:53 PM
1st one looks the least feminine for me. if u get bored of it u can always get it removed and get another one.

Bingo
07-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Take the leaves off the first one and I like it.

Change the whacked out half-helmet thing on the second one and I like it. In fact, I liked it the best of all 3 at first when I thought it was a half light/half dark kind of thing going on - an anime yin/yang motif or something. So change it to something like that and you've got my vote.

3rd one is actually my least favourite, because it looks exactly like every other anime chick I've ever seen and this is a tattoo we are talking about - your personal expression. Personal being the key word there for me.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
07-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Time for a small lecture. First off. do your research. Don't just walk into a shop and let someone go to town.
Where do you live again? If I remember it's in Colorado. Go to Boulder Ink.

You get what you pay for. I can't stress this enough. There are alot of shitty Tattoo Artists out there and alot of good ones.

Go in with the picture you like, bring examples of what you are looking for.
Look through the Artists Portfolios. Ask questions lots of questions. If the Artist does not give you the time of day go elsewhere.

Please be realistic as to your needs. Allow the artist to give his or her suggestions. You may not be able to get exactly what you want. A piece of paper is nothing like the skin.

Be prepared to spend alot of money. Think about what you want. Think long and hard. Do you need to have it covered for future jobs? Consider these things.

I have roughly 70% of my body covered.
Gun... I hate typing long explainations. If you want PM me and I will give you my cell number and I will answer every single question you may have.

One last thing to consider. DO YOU REALLY WANT A TATTOO OR DO YOU WANT TO FIT IN? THEY HURT MORE TO BE REMOVED THAN THEY DO TO GO ON!!!!

P.S.
I could care less which one you get. It should be the one you want not what other people think. Allow the artist to help you. It will be worth it.

Sepra
07-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Take the leaves off the first one and I like it.

That's exactly wha I was thinking. That would be hawt.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
07-18-2008, 12:08 AM
Ask yourself how it's going to look when you're 80 years old, and your grand child wants to know what it is. :)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
07-18-2008, 01:47 AM
Ask yourself how it's going to look when you're 80 years old, and your grand child wants to know what it is. :)

The ink used now is totaly different than the ink used in the 80's and 90's. It has been designed to last alot longer. I have several that are about 15 yrs old. They are as bright now as they were the day I got them done.
But, I guess when he reaches the age you are:P (you know when you get your AARP card):P it probally won't matter.

Gun Element
07-18-2008, 03:15 AM
Time for a small lecture. First off. do your research. Don't just walk into a shop and let someone go to town.

You get what you pay for. I can't stress this enough. There are alot of shitty Tattoo Artists out there and alot of good ones.

Look through the Artists Portfolios. Ask questions lots of questions. If the Artist does not give you the time of day go elsewhere.

Please be realistic as to your needs. Allow the artist to give his or her suggestions. You may not be able to get exactly what you want. A piece of paper is nothing like the skin.

Be prepared to spend alot of money. Think about what you want. Think long and hard. Do you need to have it covered for future jobs? Consider these things.

Gun... I hate typing long explainations. If you want PM me and I will give you my cell number and I will answer every single question you may have.

One last thing to consider. DO YOU REALLY WANT A TATTOO OR DO YOU WANT TO FIT IN? THEY HURT MORE TO BE REMOVED THAN THEY DO TO GO ON!!!!

P.S.
I could care less which one you get. It should be the one you want not what other people think. Allow the artist to help you. It will be worth it.

Although it may sound as though my friends are making me get one, thats not the case in this matter. I have been thinking about getting one for about a year, but for the past couple weeks have been the strongest urge for one.

boulders ink was a place I was looking into, most likely will go there. I will ask you for if I have any questions. I do have questions, but for the artist that would be doing it.

And yes Im aware of the expenses, future job complications with tattoos, and the blob of strected skin that used to look like a hot girl that now looks like well a blob at age 80. :P

JIMINATOR
07-18-2008, 03:47 AM
I once saw one of a fox that looked like it was going down a mans butt crack, you should get one of those, they are really cool and easy to hide.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
07-18-2008, 03:59 AM
The ink used now is totaly different than the ink used in the 80's and 90's. It has been designed to last alot longer. I have several that are about 15 yrs old. They are as bright now as they were the day I got them done.
But, I guess when he reaches the age you are:P (you know when you get your AARP card):P it probally won't matter.

Yep, I've seen some really nice tattoos lately. I especially like the ones that are copies of photographs. They're more like pieces of art work, rather than your standard tattoo.

I guess I made my other comment because I saw this old woman with some tattoos at Wal-Mart....and well, you know how old folks skin starts to hang and look like an elephants arse.....it just wasn't a pretty site....and it stuck in my mind. And no they weren't on her butt, they were between her tricep and bicep (upper arm). :)

Gun Element
07-18-2008, 08:00 AM
well all 3 pics suck for a tattoo,a few years down the line when you look at your tattoo you will say why did i get kiddy looking tattoo's;)

lol, I like the honesty. :thumbs:

chouderlaughs
07-18-2008, 03:27 PM
just get all three. :)

Perfect aim
07-18-2008, 04:38 PM
lol i choose the first one but I remember when you turn 90 post a pic of it here :P :D

Lady Doom
07-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Second-I see there deep emotions :)

MORGANA
07-18-2008, 10:13 PM
I like third most inclusiv butterflys, but i guess is too feminin for you.:D I think black&red combo of colors for tatoo is good choosen becose fits with everything....

MORGANA
07-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Yep, I've seen some really nice tattoos lately. I especially like the ones that are copies of photographs. They're more like pieces of art work, rather than your standard tattoo.

I guess I made my other comment because I saw this old woman with some tattoos at Wal-Mart....and well, you know how old folks skin starts to hang and look like an elephants arse.....it just wasn't a pretty site....and it stuck in my mind. And no they weren't on her butt, they were between her tricep and bicep (upper arm). :)

LOL! I do not really see point in there. With tatoo or without old ppl skins hang anyways. Gun if you realy wanna this tatoo do it, don't matter what will hapen in 60 years...you have much time and maybe you can after looking back and have some memories.

OUTLAWS Tip
07-19-2008, 04:10 AM
Get a tattoo of a Sharpai. That way the older you get, the closer you will resemble your tattoo!

:P

FUS1ON
07-19-2008, 06:13 AM
^^^ LOL now that makes sense :D

Sexyjess
07-20-2008, 02:35 PM

P.S.

wow i loved your answer :)

Sexyjess
07-20-2008, 02:36 PM
Second-I see there deep emotions :)

yes see the anime its awesome :(:):D many tears and laugh