PDA

View Full Version : New Tower Defense-Type Game

Bingo
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM
Alright, so I thought this was a pretty unique take on the now ubiquitous Tower Defense type flash game.

This one has a lot of RPG type elements - skills to improve, "spells" and so forth.

I will admit, it's pretty addictive.

http://armorgames.com/play/1716/gemcraft

My advice - build a tower (From which you fire gems) and a water trench (which slows the critters) as soon as you can. Then buy a mana pool as soon as possible (Which speeds up both points and mana recovery). Rinse, repeat.

The idea is to get enough mana to be able to buy and combine a boatload of gems at once. Then you can use the upgraded gems in the towers.

Eventually, the idea is to have the towers doing well enough (Along with lobbing un-used gems as grenades) that you can save your mana to buy some of the much higher quality gems and then use those in the towers.

It may or may not be a great strategy, but it's working so far for me (With some exceptions here and there :P )

Note - it's not really mentioned, but mana is also your health. If you run out (Being really low when a critters gets through) you die. Death means you lose the level, but the game still goes on (As far as I can tell).

B

Death Engineer
08-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Wow. Very addictive and well done. Thanks for the link Bingo. :)