PDA

View Full Version : Oh yes...it's on it's way...

HAMMER
08-05-2008, 05:20 AM
Hello Robert,

Your order from the HP Home & Home Office Store is on its way! Your chosen shipping method is Standard 5-7 Business Days ** . You can use the tracking numbers below to check your order status. Please retain packing lists for your records and mail-in rebates.

We have built your order number H104045431 to the following specifications:

- HP Pavilion dv5t Entertainment Notebook
- Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor P8600 (2.4 GHz)
- 15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
- 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
- HP Imprint Finish (Mesh) + Microphone + Webcam
- Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100AGN and Bluetooth(TM)
- No High speed 56K modem port
- FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
- No TV Tuner w/remote control
- High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
- HP Color Matching Keyboard
- HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

The new flight sim GMD (gaming machine of destruction)

JIMINATOR
08-05-2008, 05:36 AM
I have one of those "No TV Tuner w/remote control" works pretty good.

Not sure what is up with the memory, with the odd sized 2 Dimms you can't run dual channel mode, assuming the board supported it.

Also a bunch of nvidia gpus have solder joints that are failing. the laptop makers have responded by issuing a bios patch that runs the fan more. since yours is new I wouldn't think it would be the case, but still it is worth looking into.

HAMMER
08-05-2008, 05:55 AM
You know, I was actually wondering about that RAM size too...I wonder what's up with that...anybody else have experience with this?

I already did look into the failing NVidia thing...I *think* I'm OK, but you never can tell, but thanks for the heads up.

I look forward to finally being able to run Flight Sim X, since my old notebook didn't really cut it.