PDA

View Full Version : have you installed sp3 for win xp?

Grimmy
08-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Just wondering how many of you have installed SP3 for windows xp. Starting to get get annoyed by the little pop up I get everytime I fire my rig up. My roommate has it, but have heard a lot of people say they were going to wait.

OUTLAWS Tip
08-18-2008, 11:40 PM
I have for the last year or so downloaded and installed all the updates Microsoft has and have never had one problem. That goes for SP3 too.

If you just don't want to be pestered anymore with SP3, I think you can go on your own to Microsoft update and choose custom and you can select SP3 and choose ignore. Once checked you won't be bothered with that particular download again. I used it a couple years ago for their .net stuff, but think it would also work for SP3.
:)

Death Engineer
08-19-2008, 03:15 AM
I never installed it. I know several people at work commented that they have and haven't had a problem though. Note that you can set the little reminder to go away and not remind you anymore if you're talking about the little windows update thingie.

ME BIGGD01
09-01-2008, 12:00 PM
The only issue you will have with SP3 is if you ever have to do a repair of the OS. Once SP3 is installed ever on your computer, a repair will not allow you to do the AU and many files will not update unless you manually do them.