PDA

View Full Version : PETA wants Ben & Jerry's to switch udders

FUS1ON
09-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Burlington, Vt. - This morning, PETA dispatched a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of ice cream icon Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace the cow's milk in their products with human breast milk. PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves. PETA points out to Cohen and Greenfield that such a move on their part would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health at the same time.

"The fact that human adults consume huge quantities of dairy products made from milk that was meant for a baby cow just doesn't make sense," says PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman. "Everyone knows that 'the breast is best,' so Ben & Jerry's could do consumers and cows a big favor by making the switch to breast milk."

http://www.peta.org/mc/NewsItem.asp?id=11993

I love ice cream but i'm not eating that stuff. What the heck, my hands are in good shape so if they need workers to milk the breasticles I may just go apply for that job. :thumbs:

Mad Fox
09-25-2008, 05:31 PM
ew breastmilk

BobtheCkroach
09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Ben & Jerry's won't do this.

Even if all 2 million peta supported vowed to not eat the product if they said no, I would be way more than 2 million would vow to not eat it if it contained breast milk.

You can sign me up as #2, right behind shogun, on the latter list.

He Is Legend
09-25-2008, 05:49 PM
Ben & Jerry's has been my favorite ice cream for YEARS, I hope they don't get forced to do that shit.

PETA is a bunch of pussies, what kind of argument is that? seriously.

Whats next? Cheese made out of breastmilk?

Pure_Evil
09-26-2008, 01:02 AM
I'm going to apply for their Human Resources Dept :P

and I mean ----->:P

Bingo
09-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I wonder if they know Ben and Jerry don't own nor are even involved in administration of the company anymore....

Mr Clean
09-27-2008, 07:09 AM
I think this whole thing was done by PETA so they could get their name in the news, that's all. Human breast milk probably cannot even be made into something like ice cream anyway. It IS a stupid suggestion, but they probably figure the upside of PETA in the news cancels out the negative affect of people realizing what a bunch of buffoons they can be.

Pure, I want to be a part of quality control and inspection...

Death Engineer
09-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Sooooo many questions. So how many women would it take to produce enough milk to make the ice cream Ben and Jerry's sells? What about the children??? ;)

Sepra
09-29-2008, 09:54 PM
Sooooo many questions. So how many women would it take to produce enough milk to make the ice cream Ben and Jerry's sells? What about the children??? ;)

I was thinking the same thing. It would be practically impossible to produce the same quantity of milk as cows do. Cows udder size > boob size.

As far as the children..... Lactating women can continually produce milk after their child is weaned as long as they keep pumping. Everytime the breast is emptied, it triggers the body to produce more. That's everyone's breast tip of the day. :P (for those who didn't know and probably didn't really want to)

Death Engineer
09-29-2008, 09:59 PM
How many women WANT to lactate longer than they do though?? I know my wife is glad to be done when she is. It's kind of a love/hate thing. Bonding with the child, but from I hear, it hurts like heck sometimes.

Anyways....more information than folks wanted I'm sure. Having a nursing baby in the house makes these kinds of conversations more interesting. :)

MORGANA
09-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Such a sick idea...maybe they wanna open some farms..:rolleyes:

Sirc
09-29-2008, 10:49 PM
How many women WANT to lactate longer than they do though?? I know my wife is glad to be done when she is. It's kind of a love/hate thing. Bonding with the child, but from I hear, it hurts like heck sometimes.

Anyways....more information than folks wanted I'm sure. Having a nursing baby in the house makes these kinds of conversations more interesting. :)

Actually, breastfeeding, besides the benefits to the child, is a great way to shed any weight that the mom put on during pregnancy. There is a huge amount of calories in breast milk.

I can't see using it for dairy products though. Human breast milk is insanely sweet.