PDA

View Full Version : Want a job in the poultry industry?

FUS1ON
10-09-2008, 06:33 AM
They might have some openings in Greenville, SC

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents raided the House of Raeford’s Columbia Farms poultry processing plant Oct. 7 as part of a 10-month investigation into the company’s employment practices. According to the agency, officials arrested approximately 300 illegal aliens. Earlier I.C.E. actions resulted in criminal charges against 11 supervisors and one human resources manager.

"The execution of this search warrant today marks an important phase of this ongoing investigation into the hiring practices of this employer," said W. Walter Wilkins, U.S. attorney for the district of South Carolina. "Aggressive enforcement and investigative actions are vital to the integrity of our immigration system."

Suspects will be interviewed, fingerprinted and photographed by I.C.E. agents and processed for deportation from the United States.

Today’s operation follows the criminal cases filed earlier this year against 12 plant supervisory employees. In June, warrants were issued for 11 supervisors at the plant, alleging that the men were illegally in the country and were engaged in aggravated identity theft and making false statements to I.C.E. authorities. Of the 11 charged, seven have pleaded guilty and are awaiting sentencing. Two others are awaiting trial.

The remaining two supervisors were also charged with the same offenses but have not been arrested and are considered fugitives.

http://www.meatnews.com/news/headline_stories.asp?ArticleID=96977

OUTLAWS high ping camper
10-09-2008, 08:21 AM
"meatnews" you can't beat it!

Had to laugh at the url address. :D

Grimmy
10-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Had the same thing in IA happen not too long ago. They had almost 400 aliens working there, and not long before that, they raided another plant for the same thing.

FUS1ON
10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
LOL Bob I got a kick out of that too. I had seen it earlier in the day on Yahoo, but couldn't find it later in the day ... When I ran across that result on Google, well it was too good to pass up. :D

Goober
10-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Meatnews.....all the news that's fit to .....well, not gonna go there.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in the hispanic population in your area?
Since housing starts in our area have dropped to near zero, I have noticed a few wandering in our local Walmarts. Last summer you were tripping over them.

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
10-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Greenville is about 25 minutes from the little town of Fountain Inn, South Carolina, where I was born and raised.

Goober, our Hispanic population in this area seems the same as when we moved here back in 2004.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-10-2008, 12:54 AM
Meatnews.....all the news that's fit to .....well, not gonna go there.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in the hispanic population in your area?
Since housing starts in our area have dropped to near zero, I have noticed a few wandering in our local Walmarts. Last summer you were tripping over them.

Huge drop in South Florida. No new houses= Empty Home Depot.