PDA

View Full Version : Wow

Sepra
10-24-2008, 07:02 PM
The human race is getting more sad day by day.

:confused: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27337812/?GT1=43001

Mad Fox
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Creeeeeeeeeeepy

Death Engineer
10-24-2008, 08:36 PM
Just so we're clear, she killed his avatar. Couple of things about this.... why would you EVER give someone else your user/pass for such a thing. You are giving them ownership at that point. Second, why would you marry/divorce someone online?

I've never really understand the Second Life idea. But it made for a great episode of "The Office." :)

NightBreed
10-25-2008, 01:35 AM
:confused: I'm 110% confused on this whole story....:dunno:

Sirc
10-25-2008, 03:01 AM
:confused: I'm 110% confused on this whole story....:dunno:

Basically, it's like this. You play a character in a game that revolves around playing with other people. A lot. For a long time. You play with these people, talk on vent, get to know them. At some point, some people get so involved that they become their character in the game, and the relationships with the other people they are playing with become "real" in a very compelling sense.

It's called role-playing, and some people can immerse themselves into it to a degree that they can develop an in-game relationship that is as strong and important as a real-life relationship. Even to the point at which they decide to bond each other's characters together into a virtual marriage. With an in-game wedding ceremony. Just like the real thing.

They exchange vows in-game, and usually trust each other enough to share their account info in real life. And then, ouchies! Things go bad. The jilted one in the relationship decides to take revenge, and takes advantage of the other's trust to completely annihilate the other's account.

Stupid. Very stupid. And yet RPer's do it all the time.

FUS1ON
10-25-2008, 03:46 AM
He should have just eTapped dat ass, promised to call her in the morning and kept on rolling