PDA

View Full Version : Car GPS Units

Galvatron
12-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey, wanted to share the new Motorola Navigation Systems with you guys.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c318/gospeedgoracer/MOTONAV.jpg
MotoNav

Anyone seen or used them? Some pretty awesome features but you can't go wrong with the text to speech and clearly spoken street names with lane guidance to make sure you don't miss your exit or turn.

if you want any more pics of them or their full specs, its on the main site, motorola.com/motonav

JIMINATOR
12-30-2008, 02:59 AM
what, you are selling them, advertising them? i have a garmin with sound off as all the chatter is more annoying than useful including the street names. also looking at the top down view I prefer the tilted view.

FUS1ON
12-30-2008, 03:37 AM
LOL I thought they were an ad spammer too and was about to pull the trigger until I did some checking. They are just a GM member that happens to be a Motorola employee pimping Motorola products in some of their posts, the rest of their post are related to the things discussed here.

Back to the GPS, I borrowed Chico's Garmin for a few days, his has audio too and I thought it was a neat feature to have ... but then like I said, I had it for a few days so it might wear on you if you had to hear it for an extended amount of time.

We were trying to update his and they are proud of that ... $$$

JIMINATOR
12-30-2008, 04:53 AM
galvatron, good luck with the new product. I imagine Motorola will have a hard time making a decent margin as it is late to an already established market that is already engaged in severe price cutting. working for a tech company myself I have concerns as we have already gone through several rounds of layoffs, and with the economy more are guaranteed.