PDA

View Full Version : Phenom ll 940

Slay
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm not sure what the deal is but my new 940 doesn't get a good benchmark ! I don't know if there is a setting in the BIOS that needs attention or what, My 9950 got a better score than this 940 and I know that isn't right ! The 9950 was @ 2.6or 2.8GHz don't remember and the 940 is @ 3.0GHz so I know I have something not right. I had to update my BIOS for the 940 to be recognised, I had allready updated all the drivers for my board trying to crossfire the 4870's ( Still waiting on my new power supply, not quite done with the Radions just yet) Whatever the problem is I wonder if it is the culprit behind my crossfire not working ? All suggestions welcome !

Slay
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Well I went in the BIOS and my HT Link was set to 200, I put it on Auto and now my score is better without OC'ing 13,236 I will post my OC numbers when I get to it, probably tomorrow. Thanks

JIMINATOR
03-05-2009, 03:45 AM
uh... glad to help....?

Slay
03-05-2009, 08:18 PM
uh... glad to help....?
:rofl:

Slay
03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
uh... glad to help....?
Could still use some tweaking tips

Slay
03-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Hey all :wave: I got my new power supply yesterday and put it in but that didn't fix my crossfire problem. 950W Zumax, I'm currently waiting on a reply from Gygabyte tech support to see if I can find out something, I looked on ATI's approved motherboard list and my board wasn't on there (one of the questions I asked Gygabyte was, Why wasn't it ?) I mean, I bought the board because on the web site it says it supports crossfirex and Hybrid, it also says it has two PCI-Ex16 and it does unless you use two cards then both are PCI-Ex8 not mentioned on the site. I'm thinking that might have something to do with my crossfirex or lack there of.

Slay
03-28-2009, 03:39 PM
For all the people that have the AMD platform you should look for AMDOverDrive software, it's great for OverClocking and there is even a novice interface to do the tweaking for you...(Voltages, HT and multipliers) just move the slider and POW :D I'm thinking about trying that route myself to see if there is something I'm missing as far as OverClocking.