PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a GM favicon?

Dan2
03-05-2009, 04:08 AM
I have my favorite firefox bookmarks on a custom toolbar that only displays the icon of the website. Most every site has one. GM does not. It only displays a sheet of paper in the address bar. It says "This website does not supply identity information." If this is an easy fix, can we do it? Pleeeease. If it's rocket surgery then don't sweat it, there are bigger problems in this world.
Here's what I'm talking about.

Nitro
03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
How do you make one?

EXEcution
03-05-2009, 09:55 PM
It's a server side image.

http://www.clickfire.com/favicon-tutorial/

Dan2
03-06-2009, 03:00 AM
^^Thanks EXE, that looks like the answer.

If I knew how to upload an favicon.ico to the root web directory or edit html code without blowing up GM, I'd do it myself.
Paging Grimmy, Bingo or Shogun. Help.

Bingo
03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
That's weird.

I'm not sure why it wasn't showing. We've had one for years already. I'm not sure why it wasn't showing up.

I went ahead and created a new one, ftp'd it up to the root directory and it's still not showing up.

I'll have to poke around when I have more time, but it isn't working as it's supposed to so it means something is busted up somewhere in the code and that could take a while to figure out.

Bingo
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
shitty ass gamemecca

Thanks Marz. As always, you are continuing to prove a valuable member of the community with worthwhile input.

FUS1ON
03-10-2009, 09:13 PM
You must have gotten it to work because I see it, thanks Bingo

Dan2
03-11-2009, 02:41 AM
AWESOME!!!

Bingo rocks the house!! Thanks bud.:thumbs: :thumbs:

Grimmy
03-11-2009, 01:07 PM
That's weird.

I'm not sure why it wasn't showing. We've had one for years already. I'm not sure why it wasn't showing up.

I went ahead and created a new one, ftp'd it up to the root directory and it's still not showing up.

I'll have to poke around when I have more time, but it isn't working as it's supposed to so it means something is busted up somewhere in the code and that could take a while to figure out.

I messed around with this yesterday, game servers were down, and well I don't see it, and I am using IE7. I know other sites I visit have them and they work, but I wasn't about to start editing code, as I was way too sleepy to be doing that. I'd probably have broken GM or something lol

OUTLAWS Spike
03-11-2009, 08:16 PM
I don't see it but I do love my new avatar, thx bro!