PDA

View Full Version : Two Thumbs up

ME BIGGD01
04-15-2009, 04:31 AM
I guess no one has payed attention to this.

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/press-release/12227/

This is great stuff and it takes balls:thumbs:

JIMINATOR
04-15-2009, 04:43 AM
probably won't go anywhere but our govt needs to be sent a message...

ME BIGGD01
04-15-2009, 04:44 AM
I also want to say that New York has just become the highest taxed state in the country. You know the things I have bitched about since I have been part of thise forum. Everything I said was going to happen is happening and am I happy? No, but I laugh anyway because these people deserve it. My neighbor across the street just told me he was laid off at the bus stop this morning. I wished him luck but there was a piece of me kind of saying I told you so. I have said it for years Democrats do nothing but tax, tax, tax and no one is going to stay in business here.

By September or the end of the summer, there will be so many people out of work here. Not thr rich either. Most rich people have enough to live off of but the middle class will lose everything. Nobody says anything yet so I sit back and prepare for the worste. Not sure about whats going on too much in other states as far as things but I am seeing the decline here every where. You can go into a store and there is hardly any people working to help you out. Restaraunts are dying by the week because they are dead during the week. To bad they raised cigs to over 10 bucks a pack because the stress levels of some people are going to hit the roof and they wont be able to smoke that butt.

Do I blame 1 person? Nope, I still stand my ground but this time blame my fellow Americans.

ME BIGGD01
04-15-2009, 04:45 AM

That was a pretty bold message. There is more that meets the eye here.

JIMINATOR
04-15-2009, 03:18 PM
issue with new york is that wall street has been emptying the pockets of america for the past 100 years. Every winning trade is backed by losers that you don't hear about. Now hundreds of thousands of brokers have lost their jobs, all making the million dollar salaries. Yeah, NY is going to take some deep hits.

EXEcution
04-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Do I blame 1 person? Nope, I still stand my ground but this time blame my fellow Americans.

We're not running the show around here. No one wanted this to happen, it wasn't easy to predict -- otherwise steps would have been taken to prevent it -- and the American people are to blame?

So theoretically you are blaming yourself along with your neighbor for allowing these high taxes, massive layoffs, and expensive cigs?

The entity that is to blame here is not a person, not an institution, not an idea. These kinds of things happen and instead of blaming each other we need to work around these problems. There is a desperate need to restructure our businesses and our monetary and fiscal policies. How? I don't know, but I'm pretty damn sure someone has some ideas.

Suicidal
04-15-2009, 09:20 PM

It's gotta start somewhere, right? Maybe this won't go anywhere, but it might spark other things elsewhere

Nitro
04-15-2009, 10:28 PM
...why didn't they do this 8 years ago? Oh that's right, they're hypocrites who only act when its the other side that is in office.

How about we all unite against tyranny, without caring if they call themselves a republican or a democrat? It's our country so let's get our act together and stop this immature left-right bullcrap and get this revolution started.

ME BIGGD01
04-16-2009, 12:10 AM
EXE--When I say the American people I am referring to the majority. THe majority wins the elections. For 8 years we had the same majority blaming one person for everything mean while everything is controlled by congress. Congress majority belongs to the Democrats. I hear the same Americans saying that the current President came into this mess which is kind of ironic considering the mess Bush had to deal with that no other President had to deal with when he came into office. Am I imcluding myself in this blame? No Way!!!! I will though have to suffer due to the ignorance of the common American. It also not about the expensive Cigs either. It's why they are expensive that pisses me off. In case you are not aware the Democrats made up a tax out of thin air which is against the constitution. They call it a sin tax which is a crock of crap considering the religion reference.

Nitro- They did not do it 8 years ago because the taxes and Government was never this big. Everything people blames Bush for is really being done by this administration. Its clear that due to how ignorant people ar ein this country they will still think its Bush's fault. And your last sentence in your post was just regarded by homeland security as radical which to me is pretty scary.

Death Engineer
04-16-2009, 12:50 AM
We're not running the show around here. No one wanted this to happen, it wasn't easy to predict -- otherwise steps would have been taken to prevent it -- and the American people are to blame?

So theoretically you are blaming yourself along with your neighbor for allowing these high taxes, massive layoffs, and expensive cigs?

The entity that is to blame here is not a person, not an institution, not an idea. These kinds of things happen and instead of blaming each other we need to work around these problems. There is a desperate need to restructure our businesses and our monetary and fiscal policies. How? I don't know, but I'm pretty damn sure someone has some ideas.

This is perhaps the best post (with the exception of the prediction part) I have seen from Exe in a LONG time! Congrats on making good sense bud!

EXEcution
04-16-2009, 02:23 AM
This is perhaps the best post (with the exception of the prediction part) I have seen from Exe in a LONG time! Congrats on making good sense bud!

Thanks DE. I'm glad that we share some common ground. While I like to think that a good majority of my posts do make sense, some of my ideas might not resonate well with everyone.

BIGGS I realize you mean the majority, middle class, hard working Americans. Most of the lower class doesn't really make the decisions or vote people into office. But in that sense you also mean yourself.

Party politics don't really achieve much in a time of crisis. There needs to be a strong leader. Whether it's Congress or the President is irrelevant. One must pass the laws and the other must enact then, pure and simple. The laws should be clear in their goals and intentions. They need to affect those who have spending power (households) and those who provide that spending power (firms).

FUS1ON
04-16-2009, 03:15 AM
Call me a simpleton but I honestly don't see why we need different parties, that shit just divides people and leads to unproductive finger pointing and trying to lay the blame off on the other parties. Unite into one group working towards a common goal to get this shit fixed and put America back on top where it belongs!

JIMINATOR
04-16-2009, 03:17 AM
how the hell do cigarettes cost over $10/pack? wow, that is insane. I have never smoked, other vices, but glad that is not one of them.

Suicidal
04-16-2009, 03:54 AM
Call me a simpleton but I honestly don't see why we need different parties, that shit just divides people and leads to unproductive finger pointing and trying to lay the blame off on the other parties. Unite into one group working towards a common goal to get this shit fixed and put America back on top where it belongs!

It's more like there are two different groups of thought out there anyway, and that's what we name them. I would love to think of it your way though.

ME BIGGD01
04-16-2009, 06:21 AM
how the hell do cigarettes cost over $10/pack? wow, that is insane. I have never smoked, other vices, but glad that is not one of them.

Jim, if you think that is insane you should see what they cost in Manhattan. I just used Cigs as an example. They should just ban them in America.

ME BIGGD01
04-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Thanks DE. I'm glad that we share some common ground. While I like to think that a good majority of my posts do make sense, some of my ideas might not resonate well with everyone.

BIGGS I realize you mean the majority, middle class, hard working Americans. Most of the lower class doesn't really make the decisions or vote people into office. But in that sense you also mean yourself.

Party politics don't really achieve much in a time of crisis. There needs to be a strong leader. Whether it's Congress or the President is irrelevant. One must pass the laws and the other must enact then, pure and simple. The laws should be clear in their goals and intentions. They need to affect those who have spending power (households) and those who provide that spending power (firms).

Again, I do not take nor will I accept blame. I have been fighting on this forum for years on my beliefs can you imagine what I am like in daily life? I do not really include myself with the common American. Although there are many with my beliefs we are not common in todays society, sadly but true. Find the thread where I said what I would do as President.

As far as anyone saying parties don't matter when there is a crisis, where was that logic when this country had crisis after crisis and everyone blamed President Bush? I mean the ignorance in this country is what is killing it when you have people blaming him for Katrina.

I will not lie, I hate todays Democrats. Their ideals are against me the middle class white man. While many of you are taught to consider that statement racists, it is a true statement.

As for as either party goes I am a conservative therefore I usually vote republican because out of the choices they are better than any Democrat/Liberal.

I guess I kind of agree with the get together thing Exe. Although I believe it would become a civil war again in this country. I am all for that to clean up the nonsense because my side has all the guns. That's probably why they are trying to take that away from the constitution as well but that will spark more Tim Mcveighs which is considered terrorism when it's not. It's war, nothing else.