PDA

View Full Version : Show your first car pics

The Priest
04-30-2009, 07:31 PM
This was the same colour and type of car i first ever had :P loved that car would run forever untill i crashed it ops :rolleyes: would like to see your first cars cheers.

FUS1ON
04-30-2009, 08:55 PM
'72 Chevy Monte Carlo .... This is not mine but it was identical to this one. Chico and I worked on that dude all the time souping it up, it was fast and got me many visits to go see "The Man". We had put some 442 bucket seats in it that swiveled, velour interior, custom carpets, 4 6x9s (2 in the deck and 2 in the front floorboards) that we were constantly blowing. Them were some good old days.

http://classiccars.com/Uploads/Preview/537430.jpg

The Priest
04-30-2009, 09:51 PM
'72 Chevy Monte Carlo .... This is not mine but it was identical to this one. Chico and I worked on that dude all the time souping it up, it was fast and got me many visits to go see "The Man". We had put some 442 bucket seats in it that swiveled, velour interior, custom carpets, 4 6x9s (2 in the deck and 2 in the front floorboards) that we were constantly blowing. Them were some good old days.

http://classiccars.com/Uploads/Preview/537430.jpg

Never forget your first mmm car :D looks great man wow f..king big car

FUS1ON
05-01-2009, 05:29 AM
Term I had a Formula identical to that one except mine didn't have the T-Tops

The Priest
05-01-2009, 04:40 PM
mine was a vauxhall chevette or shuvit as i called it,went through 3 engines in 3 months :D poor thing caught fire when some lad was welding all the holes up in the floor:D
http://www.aronline.co.uk/images/ado67rivals_05.jpg

Ah the old chevette lol do you remember the opel kadet or astra mark1 i always wanted one of them.

Death Engineer
05-01-2009, 05:12 PM
While this picture isn't actually of my car, it is a black 1993 Mazda 626. I bought it in 1999 for $4k. I worked hard for that cash! I had it for about 2 years before the clutch went out (while I was in the middle lane of a 3 lane freeway!). Lots of good memories from those days. I loved the oscillating A/C vents in the console.

JIMINATOR
05-01-2009, 05:51 PM
1978 ford granada, looked something like this. A real POS, but it was cheap. It lasted a few months until I ran into a ditch onto a concrete pipe with it. the bottom of the transmission had all types of fluids on it. I took it to sell at a car dealer, they floored it to check the engine. luckily I had put some marvins mystery oil (I think) in a few days before. that kept it from smoking like it had been doing. got a deal on a 72 nova ss, but alas, that only lasted 2 weeks, driving home late night I took a snooze and hit a telephone pole. :)

The Priest
05-01-2009, 06:43 PM
The Astra GTE mark1 was a great old car in it's day but could never afford one but.:rolleyes:

Bingo
05-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Mine was an Orange 1974 VW Camper. Man I had some great times in that thing. Lots of random trouble and stories came from that fine vehicle.

Finally had to get rid of it when I was having it towed to my mechanic for some brake work and the towing company (Even though I specifically told them not to sling-tow it - I wanted a rollback) sling-towed it and ripped several crucial pieces off the bottom of the engine block. Stripped the bolts and everything. It was gonna cost well over $1500 bucks to drill everything out and get it all rebuilt.

One really amusing thing: I'd bought it being told the power brakes were shot. I never really investigated it - I just went with manual brakes for the 2 years or so that I had it. Finally sold it to a friend of mine who had a car dealership. He was checking it out and found the problem was, for some unknown and bizarre reason, someone had put a cork in one of the brake lines. He took it out and said the damn thing nearly stood up on it's nose the first time he stepped on the brake pedal.

This is exactly what mine looked like except I had the front mounted spare:

http://john-perry.com/vwgallery/Westfalia_Campers/orange2.jpg

Here is a fantastic photo gallery where you can exactly what mine looked like on the inside. Really cool layout and design. Slept 4 very comfortably.
http://john-perry.com/cgi-bin/vwgallery.cgi?view=74-75_interior&page=2

Slay
05-01-2009, 10:29 PM
My first car was a 72 grand prix, looked a lot like the monte carlo only it was made by pontiac. Had a BigBlock 400 with 400 trans. was a cruiser.
I've had so many cars it took me a few to remember what my first was, lol.

OUTLAWS CHICO
05-02-2009, 02:28 AM
66 ford falcon tough car lasted me almost a year rolled it over 3 times and it still lasted me 3 months.

Dan2
05-02-2009, 04:51 AM
'69 VW Bug. My dad and I put a rebuilt motor in it with the help of a car jack. It was that light, no hoist needed. Cost- $350. It was a rust bucket with a foot sized hole in the passenger floorboard. I could see the road through the hole.:rofl: I kept the radio in the glovebox. It was the car that I learned how to use a stick shift. It served me well, commuting 400 miles a week no probs for about a year. Then one day the mesh steering column broke apart and that was the end.

OUTLAWS CHICO
05-02-2009, 05:30 AM
I had a vw also but I couldn't really say it was my first car for real because it cost $150.00 and it had a vavle knocking when we towed it home.I drove it to the gas station and back for a total of 8 miles and the engine blew I think downshifting it had alot to do with it.

The Priest
05-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Mine was an Orange 1974 VW Camper. Man I had some great times in that thing. Lots of random trouble and stories came from that fine vehicle.

Finally had to get rid of it when I was having it towed to my mechanic for some brake work and the towing company (Even though I specifically told them not to sling-tow it - I wanted a rollback) sling-towed it and ripped several crucial pieces off the bottom of the engine block. Stripped the bolts and everything. It was gonna cost well over $1500 bucks to drill everything out and get it all rebuilt.

One really amusing thing: I'd bought it being told the power brakes were shot. I never really investigated it - I just went with manual brakes for the 2 years or so that I had it. Finally sold it to a friend of mine who had a car dealership. He was checking it out and found the problem was, for some unknown and bizarre reason, someone had put a cork in one of the brake lines. He took it out and said the damn thing nearly stood up on it's nose the first time he stepped on the brake pedal.

This is exactly what mine looked like except I had the front mounted spare:

http://john-perry.com/vwgallery/Westfalia_Campers/orange2.jpg

Here is a fantastic photo gallery where you can exactly what mine looked like on the inside. Really cool layout and design. Slept 4 very comfortably.
http://john-perry.com/cgi-bin/vwgallery.cgi?view=74-75_interior&page=2nice camper van looks in great condition worth big money nowdays. My friend has a camper van the exactly same as yours he is spending lots of money doing it up but he has become stuck with the paintwork because we can't find a paint code for it to fix the rusty bits on it :rolleyes: do you know were the paint code is cheers Brian.

petter
05-02-2009, 10:21 AM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z15/figonapetter/k.jpg

Mine was identical to this one when I got it in 1988. You know what that is Priest?

The Priest
05-02-2009, 12:09 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z15/figonapetter/k.jpg

Mine was identical to this one when I got it in 1988. You know what that is Priest?vauxhall chevette maybe :confused:

FUS1ON
05-02-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey Dan we had one of those Bugs too when I was growing up, that was a neat car up until a deer ran out in front of dad in W.V. and totaled it.

It wasn't my first but it was a fun car to own ... sort of. :D
'77 MG Midget Special Editon .... British Racing Green like the first pic but had the stripes from the 2nd pic on it. Mods ... Rollbars, swaybars, wide tires, header, Weber sidedraft carb, 11:1 pistons, performance cam, Alum flywheel ... it was fun to put the top down and crank up the Boston and Journey tunes playing on the amplified 6x9s.

petter
05-02-2009, 03:04 PM
vauxhall chevette maybe :confused:
Opel Kadett City :P

Bingo
05-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey Dan we had one of those Bugs too when I was growing up, that was a neat car up until a deer ran out in front of dad in W.V. and totaled it.

It wasn't my first but it was a fun car to own ... sort of. :D
'77 MG Midget Special Editon .... British Racing Green like the first pic but had the stripes from the 2nd pic on it. Mods ... Rollbars, swaybars, wide tires, header, Weber sidedraft carb, 11:1 pistons, performance cam, Alum flywheel ... it was fun to put the top down and crank up the Boston and Journey tunes playing on the amplified 6x9s.

Now that's a nice car right there mate. They were always tempermental as all hell but still a cool car.

I will always remember riding around in my best friends MGB with the top down and blasting away the 80's music.