PDA

View Full Version : Network issues

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Can someone perhaps explain why my girls laptop is all out of whack. Out of the blue the detect wireless network icon is gone gone gone. It does not show up anywhere. It was working with no problems yesaterday morning. Got home last night and all I wanted to do was rock out with Zelda till I got a call from the other room.

The icon is totally gone without reason.

JIMINATOR
05-19-2009, 03:39 PM
if it doesn't appear as a network device, look in device manager, see if it has disappeared. you can try ejecting it if it is a card, otherwise reboot. if it remains gone then it may be a hardware failure.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-19-2009, 10:07 PM
All signs are pointing to harware failure. This thing is built into the MB. Will not eject. Gone from device manager. I will pick up a usb deal this weekend.

ME BIGGD01
05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Uninstall the software and download the latest software for the network card. I have seen many times people thinking the card was shot and them not realizing they hit the power switch off of it. Now sometimes there is no switch but a Fn key combo that turns the card on and off. Take a look at those things.

I uusally like to manually configure my wireless connections. I do not like my devices to automatically connect to wireless networks because it can jump to another off the network I want to be on. keep that in mind which can be screwing up the actual connection.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-21-2009, 11:13 PM
The thing doesn't even show up in the device manager anymore.