PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox controler...you!

Nick
06-03-2009, 02:29 AM
seems promising...as seen in The Island movie

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/default.htm?fbid=7aBP-D081Aj

OUTLAWS Tip
06-03-2009, 04:10 AM
Looks awesome, and a great addition to the xbox. Seems it won't be released until some time next year though.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Zed
06-03-2009, 03:32 PM
this makes the wii look like shit, microsoft gotta stop picking on wii >.<

Wiper
06-09-2009, 09:54 PM
I think the amount of "possibilities" will be as disappointing as the possibilities of the Wii-motion.

All hyped out to the max, the limitation is not in the movement capturing. They just created the same thing as Sony did for the PS2 only more advanced now.

The limitation is how the game (software) reacts to the input, without a high level of self-learning software (which would give you the Nobel-price) it's impossible to actually interact on a real life base with a game (VR) simply cuz it's impossible to program a zillion ways of input which a human can give. You will always be bound to the "input" it recognises: like a hand-wave, a swing with the nun-chuck or just pressing A.

My vote goes to "gimmick", don't get me wrong: a gimmick ain't bad if you like it :D

Edit:
My comment is mostly about this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9akm70UG_cM

EXEcution
06-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Wiper's deep insight never ceases to amaze me.

It's all marketing buddy. If you want something truly innovative then wait about 5 more years.

He Is Legend
06-09-2009, 11:27 PM
Wiper's deep insight never ceases to amaze me.

It's all marketing buddy. If you want something truly innovative then wait about 5 more years.

Stuff like this new xbox controller is what you would have said 5 years ago " Wait 5 years for more innovation " I think that as the 5 years go on, new inventions that don't drastically change someones outlook on technology will keep progressing slowly like this, and when the 5 years finally come into play no one will think of it as being such a break through

EXEcution
06-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Stuff like this new xbox controller is what you would have said 5 years ago " Wait 5 years for more innovation " I think that as the 5 years go on, new inventions that don't drastically change someones outlook on technology will keep progressing slowly like this, and when the 5 years finally come into play no one will think of it as being such a break through

Just wait 5 years and you'll see. If the world hasn't ended something exciting is bound to happen!