PDA

View Full Version : R.I P. David Carradine

Pure_Evil
06-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Wow, too young!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_thailand_david_carradine

EXEcution
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I wonder how many suicides happen in seemly healthy millionaire adults over the age of 70....probably not too many.

You have to consider the field of work he was in.

Death Engineer
06-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Money can buy happiness for a time. But certainly not for very long. Just look at all of the professional athletes around these days. I don't think they are psychologically/mentally better off than the average human being.

In fact, money and fame can bring stressors that most of us would never understand (or want to!).

EXEcution
06-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Yea..I guess being able to travel around the world, having fans worldwide, not having to worry about money issues.....I guess that can get pretty depressing and overwhelming enough to take your life...just ask Owen Wilson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Category:Actors_who_committed_suic ide&until=Schmitz%2C+Sybille

Granted they were not all as famous as David Carradine, but it goes to show that it's not easy being someone who pretends to be someone else for the majority of their life.

You should never be jealous or covet what other people have. Chances are you are probably better off than they are.

EXEcution
06-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok nevermind.

"Rumours Carradine died attempting auto-erotic asphyxiation - where victims achieve heightened sexual pleasure by restricting their air supply - are backed up by a quote a Bangkok police officer gave to British newspaper The Sun.

The cop tells reporters, "A rope was attached to his neck and also to his penis". " Source (http://www.imdb.com/news/ns0000002/#ni0818207)

NightBreed
06-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Guess he finally snatched the pebble...

:dunno:

Nitro
06-05-2009, 03:40 AM
This is not proven to be a suicide. Not that I care either way.

Slay
06-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Money can buy happiness for a time. But certainly not for very long. Just look at all of the professional athletes around these days. I don't think they are psychologically/mentally better off than the average human being.

In fact, money and fame can bring stressors that most of us would never understand (or want to!).
Oh,,,,I think I could manage.

OUTLAWS Tip
06-05-2009, 07:36 PM
I think if you were going to engage in that type of thing you should at least have a spotter. Like when you are lifting heavy weights.
:eek:
:D

JIMINATOR
06-05-2009, 07:46 PM
in theory if you pass out then the tension goes away. must be good, as a lot of people apparently do it...

The Priest
06-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Rip

SASQUATCH
06-12-2009, 09:49 PM
Anymore news about him?
Because I heard his family wants the FBI involve...

Sirc
06-12-2009, 10:22 PM
This whole thing sorta baffles me. Too many missing details.

Let's assume he hung himself as a form of erotic pleasure. Did he tie the rope to something? Isn't that sort of suicidal considering if you do pass out you continue to hang until you die? I don't really see how this could possibly be pleasurable, but I'm thinking...oh, i dunno...maybe it would have been a better idea to just toss the rope over something and hold the other end so when you pass out you let go and don't die?

Or, was this murder and the rope on the genitals was just a way to mask the fact that someone killed him?

Is the idea behind the erotic thing to actually pass out? Doesn't that kinda put an abrupt end to the, erm, "fun"?

Bottom line - if he accidentally killed himself trying to get off then he's an idiot.

Edit - WAS an idiot.

JIMINATOR
06-13-2009, 03:15 AM
eh, there's photos out, shows him with his hands over the bar. my understanding is that the choking can extend sexual climax. that being said, it would be hard to understand the pose he was in, thus the foul play...