PDA

View Full Version : new ride

Grimmy
08-03-2009, 12:38 AM
Long story short, I quit smoking over 10 weeks ago, and instead of spending money on smokes, I'd rather spend it on this. Picked it up Friday morning. Only put about 6 miles on it, and had plans this weekend to attend to, but I will get more miles on it pretty soon! I'll also try to get some better pics too. These were just quick ones before I left for my planed weekend activities. :cool:

Bingo
08-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Wow! That's pretty impressive looking!

Death Engineer
08-03-2009, 02:02 AM
Very nice. Careful on that thing. My co-worker that used to be an EMT calls them doner-cycles -- says that you'll know why if you spend 24 hours in an ER. Stay safe and enjoy!

FUS1ON
08-03-2009, 03:54 AM
Nice ride dood

OUTLAWS CHICO
08-03-2009, 08:06 AM
I used to ride and can't wait to get another one . I like Harleys though fatboy's and classics are so sweet and a plus at sturgis.

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
08-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Congratulations on your new ride! Always wear your helmet and be extra careful! (Sorry that's the Mom in me.) But the thing I am most proud of is you are still smoke free. HOORAY FOR YOU! WTG! :thumbs:

Grimmy
08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Congratulations on your new ride! Always wear your helmet and be extra careful! (Sorry that's the Mom in me.) But the thing I am most proud of is you are still smoke free. HOORAY FOR YOU! WTG! :thumbs:

/HUGS!

Yea, I won't ride without a helmet, period. I don't have the one I want in yet, so I been using the one I wear when I ride my atv. Was hoping the dealership would call and say the rest of my gear is in (getting a new helmet, leather gloves, and pants) so I could be all color cordinated and such when I went out. :P

Just got back from a little joy ride around a few country miles, and well it's going to take some getting used to. My hands wanted to fall asleep, from having to lean forward and such, but it was a blast. I did sneak into town, and went around a few blocks. Got some things to work on (I think I am going to adjust my shifter height). But trying to get everything from the class I took, down and using it. I took a motorcycle beginners class, and upon completion, you get something to give the DOT to get your license, and I loved it. It was worth every penny, and they had a ton of stuff to help you be a better rider and what to watch out for and such.

I just wish I had cruise, so I could rest my hands for a few seconds and not slow down lol

Chico, just go down to the local dealership and get one! On your way to Sturgis, you ass better stop by (I am along the way)!!!

Dan2
08-04-2009, 05:40 AM
Congrats!! Nice ride. Start saving for your first speeding ticket.:P

Asian Invasian
08-04-2009, 05:52 AM
omg that thing is beautiful man, congratz!!!
Ive always wanted a bike like that.

BlackWolf
08-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Really nice ride, congratz :cool:

But those beasts are so expensive here in Denmark and not to mention the insurrance(spell) are sky high also :(

Goober
08-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Nice bike Grimmy, Those things are a lot of fun to ride. Unfortunately they about cripple my back after a while. I bought me a yamaha a couple of months ago that was a little more comfortable although not near as fast or as quick in the curves.

Bingo
08-05-2009, 12:47 AM
That's a damn nice looking bike Goober.

Grimmy
08-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Nice ride there Goober. I see you have a brain bucket as well!! :thumbs:

I get my new one today, along with my new pants and gloves. Just missing the different visor for my new helmet (I like the mirrored ones, so you can't see my eyes :) )

OUTLAWS CHICO
08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Nice ride Goober

Goober
08-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Hey Grimmy, you ought to bring that bike down to my neck of the woods and hit some of the roads. We have some of the most popular rides in the states. For an extreme test of your skills, 318 curves in 11 miles The Dragon (http://www.tailofthedragon.com/) Just don't end up being a statistic on the dragon. The death count this year is at 3. for a total of 23 in the last 14 years. If you want to see some video of the ride search for "tail of the dragon" on Youtube.......add "crash" to that search for reasons not to get stupid on that road.
For a little more leisurely ride and fantastic views hit this one. Cherohala (http://www.cherohala.com/) Plus there's US 441 through the smokies which will take you to the Blue Ridge parkway.