PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Win 7

ME BIGGD01
08-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I have been testing it out since first beta and now using full release. I will go out on a limb and say it is very good. I am using both 32 and 64 bit and feel this is what a new OS is suppose to be like. My next test will be on a netbook. So far I am impressed.

BlackWolf
08-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Sounds good Bigg i have been looking arround to c what other users think before u jump into it.
And so fare it seems like most ppl say it is what vista should have been so that is good news

Grimmy
08-21-2009, 12:04 AM
I meant to install it on my TV rig, but my dvd drive went awol on me and I don't have a spare laying around. I will get one this weekend hopefully and play around with it next week :)

JIMINATOR
08-21-2009, 02:31 AM
I'll have a 1/2 price one coming in a couple of weeks and free professional (thanks Tip!) next month. and yeah, I know a lot of you guys are going to get yours "free"

ME BIGGD01
08-22-2009, 06:41 AM
I'll have a 1/2 price one coming in a couple of weeks and free professional (thanks Tip!) next month. and yeah, I know a lot of you guys are going to get yours "free"

I pay for the package every year through my company and fool around with all the new stuff. I think Microsoft actually has some good software being released all around. It also seems their pricing has been pretty reasonable.

JIMINATOR
08-22-2009, 11:27 PM
yeah, I think vista made a lot of people furious, seemed to be nothing but a money grab, much more annoying than xp, slower, bloated. after getting their ass kicked I think they realized that they needed to put out a product that people want instead of something that they can use to milk money from people. What other product do people downgrade from and call it an upgrade?

Grimmy
08-24-2009, 02:26 AM
yeah, I think vista made a lot of people furious, seemed to be nothing but a money grab, much more annoying than xp, slower, bloated. after getting their ass kicked I think they realized that they needed to put out a product that people want instead of something that they can use to milk money from people. What other product do people downgrade from and call it an upgrade?

WinME!!!! /barf! :down:

Slay
09-23-2009, 12:30 AM
WinME!!!! /barf! :down:
I second that :down:

Death Engineer
09-23-2009, 06:55 PM
We've been testing Windows 7 since April and can't find much that we don't like about it. Our 1394 (FireWire) driver has some issues with the new generic 1394 interface driver, but it looks like this will be resolved before it ships. I have heard they are on their second golden master now. Looks like they really are testing this one better than ever before.

Grimmy
09-23-2009, 08:30 PM
I just finally got it installed on my TV rig, and so far I like it. It's different, but it does seem quicker then my vista home prem. that I have on the other HD.

Can't say a whole lot about it, haven't had that much time to mess with it, but so far it's going well. :)

Slay
09-24-2009, 10:03 PM
It's not out yet is it ? I pre-ordered it but havn't got it yet. I think it said Oct 22 would be the release date. Yes ? No ?

JIMINATOR
09-24-2009, 10:06 PM
next monday for a free copy at a local developers conference
but yeah, I have a preorder also, pretty much everyone is waiting.
except of course those that are not :)

ME BIGGD01
09-25-2009, 03:00 PM
I am going to say it and I hate doing so. Unless you really have a specific app that requires 64 bit stick to 32 bit. I honestly Like the 64bit version and the way it handles some of my apps with the memory but:( there are still to many problems with apps that just cannot support it and will cause a conflict. The OS is great but I guess the rest of the industry needs to get their 64 bit apps complete. I am actually just going to dump mine and stick to 32 bit because I hate having to use another system when I could just use a 32 bit version and run them all at once. I can't brag for stupidity. This is not Microsoft's fault either.

Grimmy
09-25-2009, 06:12 PM
I have been using 64 bit Vista Ultimate for some time now, and haven't had a problem. Of course, I haven't a lot of programs to use. This might be different from Vista to Win7, but isn't there a compatibility setting some where, where you can desinate per program? The more I think of it, that might just be OS, and not from 32 bit vs 64 bit. Although, something to think about, and try if you haven't.

I wish that I could switch to win7 from my ultimate 64bit for free, but I bought it too long ago to get the offer. BUT, if by chance someone know's something I don't and how to upgrade for free, please let me know!!!

OUTLAWS Tip
10-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Found a DVD drive and just put in 2 gigs of ram. Think I have everything backed up. Time to format my drive and install Win 7 Ultimate that I got for free.
:D

OUTLAWS Tip
10-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I had trouble with my old nic card, but hit bestbuy and picked up their cheapest one. Put it in and it installed quickly. Today things are running great and I have all my music files loaded. My only remaining problem is I don't have the drivers to load my printer. I went to the manufactures site and they said they will have the drivers up by launch date.

I do have this installed on a new hard drive. If I encounter any major problems I can always switch in my old hard drive and boot into WinXP.

Burned a disc today right from windows, no need for burning software.

So far I really like it. It makes my 8 year old system seem new.
LOL

FUS1ON
10-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Tip: One of the last persons "in the world" to use a GF3 (IIRC) and one of the first here to install Win7 ... you go boyEEEEEEEE :D

j5tar
10-24-2009, 08:26 AM
Does doing a "clean install" work with the upgrade disc version of Windows 7?