View Full Version : PS3 going for the kill

Wiper
08-31-2009, 08:41 PM
Motion controller Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiX-26VL4bM

Impressive if I may say so

chouderlaughs
08-31-2009, 09:47 PM
i would say that project natal is much more impressive. it has everything from voice recognition to the same precision that the ps3 motion control has. microsoft went first during e3 and wow'ed everyone with natal, and i think that this motion controller demo was more of a "ah crap we have to show something, how about this?" kind of reaction from sony.

Wiper
08-31-2009, 10:57 PM
i would say that project natal is much more impressive. it has everything from voice recognition to the same precision that the ps3 motion control has. microsoft went first during e3 and wow'ed everyone with natal, and i think that this motion controller demo was more of a "ah crap we have to show something, how about this?" kind of reaction from sony.

What Natal is doing now Sony already did in 2000 the hardware has just improved. What Sony is doing now is implementate motion control with the cam. If you might have noticed the accuracy with what motions are captured u will also know that you can't reach it with cam only and that accuracy is what gamers outside the "family" gaming want.

Do I think Natal is overhyped....yes just like the Wii before motion plus (didn't tried that one yet) showing point death accuracy swordfighting (short: expectations don't meet reality). Like the most vids of Natal, scripted like hell and those which weren't scripted didn't impressed me much.

Non-scripted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2r9cKjNQe4&feature=fvw

Eyetoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au4d5anfjnA

True Natal has voice recognition but that ain't the difficult part.

OUTLAWS Tip
09-01-2009, 12:01 AM
Looks interesting. I'm not a big fan of Sony, so it would have to be kick ass and resonably priced for me to look at it.

I am really looking forward to Natals release though.

Gun Element
09-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Project Natal and PS3's motion control were both revealved at the same time...

BlackWolf
09-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Im looking forward to the release of that wand, hopes it turns out as good as it looks it the tech tests

chouderlaughs
09-02-2009, 04:08 AM
yeah gun, but e3 is a three day event and microsoft was on day one and sony on day two.

the only problem i have with sony's tech is that is uses the playstation eye. the natal has two different cameras positioned in a way to capture depth perception.

since the ps3 motion thing uses just the one camera whatever device they finally decide on as the controller has to have that giant ball thing on the end. thats the whole reason that there is such accuracy. i would find that holding a stick with a bright pink ball on the end to be very distracting from whatever game i would be playing.

natal on the other hand can recognize and scan in your own objects, and since there are two cameras you don't need that tracking ball. and instead of being only able to track one object, natal could track your entire body which i find much more interesting and having many more possibilities.

and yeah the natal demos were extremely scripted, but i would argue that not many people have had much time with either technology to show off what it can do without a very controlled event.

Dan2
09-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Thread killer alert....
I just wanna relax on my couch and kill bad guys with my R1 or R2. :D