PDA

View Full Version : Pilonidal Cyst

He Is Legend
09-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Okay so, I know the subject is mad gross but I need some help on what to do about mine, I've had it ever since I was about 13 or 14 and it never goes away fully. The doctor has said to get it removed with surgery, but I just cant afford to do that right now or anytime soon. I've been subscribed penicillin once. But as of right now it's as worse as it's ever been and I just wanted to know if anyone here knew any remedy's or vitamins/oils/ointments to get rid of this god damn thing ?

Penicillin is just way too expensive to have to keep buying every year >_>

Sirc
09-26-2009, 08:27 PM
http://www.treatboils.com/

its $25, seems like it works well, ive read a few reviews of it

Um, no. I wouldn't bother with that. I have some snake oil I can lend you though. It's free and it's guaranteed and if needed I can come up with some stock photos and fake sworn testimonials from people who have never had this problem. It's amazing what people will say for money.

I'd try Canada or maybe France, because you're screwed in America if you don't have health insurance. And sometimes even if you do. Wait, is this a setup?

I'm really not trying to make light of your situation. I'm honestly sorry you are going through this. I wish I could help, but I'm actually dealing with some medical bills myself atm which I can't pay and they have already gone into collection. Meh, what do I need a good credit rating for anyway?

Funny how I've worked since I was 16, paid my taxes, paid my normal bills, paid into my health plan(s), and have had an excellent credit rating until I actually needed medical services that weren't fully covered by my health plan, which continues to get worse every year.

It seems to me that some changes need to be made in the US health insurance industry.

FUS1ON
09-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Paaaaalease ... as if anyone that really had this is going to get on here and admit to it or even ask us for medical advise. I didn't even know what it was until I Googled it, you must be really bored.

Suicidal
09-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Solution: get rich

Sirc
09-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Paaaaalease ... as if anyone that really had this is going to get on here and admit to it or even ask us for medical advise. I didn't even know what it was until I Googled it, you must be really bored.

Apparently, you were bored too. :)

He Is Legend
09-27-2009, 03:24 AM
Yeah, thanks..I come for help cause I've been on this forum since it started and I don't go to any others. Thought I'd get some serious responses ( sirc, yours was semi-serious, but thanks for the effort ) and the admin thinks I'm joking?

Fine, I wont come here for help anymore

Dan2
09-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Take hot baths to prevent infection.
Wear loose fitting clothing.
And when you can afford it, have the cyst removed. The Doc may be able to do it right in his office, thereby eliminating crazy hospital bills.

Disclaimer: I have never attended med school. All info above was gleaned through the internet.

JIMINATOR
09-27-2009, 04:09 AM
not quite sure what you have, or where you have it. I had a boil, the treatment was to cut the thing open, clean it. Afterwards my wife would pack it with iodized string. It has to heal from the inside out. very painful. but yours may not be the same, mine certainly could not have been healed with antibiotics.

FUS1ON
09-27-2009, 04:37 AM
Suckers

He Is Legend
09-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Take hot baths to prevent infection.
Wear loose fitting clothing.
And when you can afford it, have the cyst removed. The Doc may be able to do it right in his office, thereby eliminating crazy hospital bills.

Disclaimer: I have never attended med school. All info above was gleaned through the internet.

Thanks for the help Dan, the hot bath made it to where it doesn't feel so sore, and god that helps a lot. I really appreciate it

He Is Legend
09-27-2009, 04:39 AM
Suckers

Your such an ass hole

He Is Legend
09-27-2009, 04:41 AM
not quite sure what you have, or where you have it. I had a boil, the treatment was to cut the thing open, clean it. Afterwards my wife would pack it with iodized string. It has to heal from the inside out. very painful. but yours may not be the same, mine certainly could not have been healed with antibiotics.

I feel it's very similar to what you had, my mom ( which is a medical transcriptionist ) told me that in most cyst cases they were to have it cut out surgically, for that the cyst is something your born with, well with Pilonidal Cysts anyway.

Die Hard
09-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Your such an ass hole

I guess we have to excuse the pun in that statement? :D

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I used to get them behind my left ear. Like Jim said. Cut drain and pack. If the root is not removed they will grow back.

FUS1ON
09-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Your such an ass hole

LOL, thanks and Asshole is one word, not two
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asshole

Sirc
09-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Suckers

Historically, He is Legend is not one to make fake threads on GM. So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. Cysts/boils are fairly common and not something to be embarrassed about.

EDIT: Now if EricC had made this thread, then I'd assume it was fake and be disappointed because his fake threads are actually pretty funny. :)

EXEcution
09-27-2009, 06:41 PM

He might have split the word in two for emphasis. I agree that GM isn't the best place to ask for medical advice, but it's good to see that someone at least tried to help.

NightBreed
09-27-2009, 06:45 PM

Actually, my wife had one..

Beg, borrow or steal the cash to get it surgically removed.Even if it drains, it'll just come back eventually..

Now, you want to talk nasty ? last summer I had a sebaceous cyst on my chest the size of a golf ball..my wife's an RN and she took me to a surgeon to have it removed..Jeezus, I'm in pain with this damn thing ( reminded me of that Star Trek episode where that thing landed on Spock's back ) but they were all fascinated by it. They really got a kick out of lancing it and removing the sac, he actually called one of his colleagues into the room to check it out....wtf..:(

Now I've got this scar on my chest..I tell everyone some crazy guy came at me with a knife..( it's true, damnit !! ) :D

Get the procedure done...chicks dig scars ! :rofl:

Sirc
09-27-2009, 06:49 PM

The word "asshole" is not a proper noun and shouldn't have been capitalized in that sentence. Quotes or perhaps italics would have been better used for emphasis, as would bold type. You also forgot the period at the end of the sentence. A colon would also be appropriate at the end since you supplied a link immediately afterward.

And really, how can you seriously correct anyone's grammar when you begin a sentence with "LOL"?

Sirc
09-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Get the procedure done...chicks dig scars ! :rofl:

:funny:

No, they dig the story. Tell them the scar was from a cyst and see how they react. :D

The knife thing was good. :thumbs:

Bingo
09-27-2009, 07:41 PM
nah its legit, its on his ass. i seen it haha

I want to know how this comment has had 2 pages worth of stuff since it was posted and not ONE OF YOU commented on it!

:eek:

Jeezus you are all slacking. Glad I got back from vacation in time to catch this.

Sirc
09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I want to know how this comment has had 2 pages worth of stuff since it was posted and not ONE OF YOU commented on it!

:eek:

Jeezus you are all slacking. Glad I got back from vacation in time to catch this.

I didn't want to know. I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that. No details needed.

He Is Legend
09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks everyone haha, I like the scar idea :P

anyway, while I was STRUGGLING to play video games while sitting in a chair last night, I guess I was putting so much pressure on the cyst that a lot of the gunk inside oozed out ( LOL GROSS ). and the swelling went down a lot, it's still pretty swollen and hurts. but damn it feels a lot better. I think it was from what Dan2 said about the hot bath. but I'm going into surgery next week or the week after that, I found a doctor :)

oh and shogun, cry more

FUS1ON
09-27-2009, 08:20 PM
He might have split the word in two for emphasis. I agree that GM isn't the best place to ask for medical advice, but it's good to see that someone at least tried to help.

You are wrong, he misspelled it. If you want to emphasize something, most people would use bold or capital letters.

FUS1ON
09-27-2009, 08:22 PM
The word "asshole" is not a proper noun and shouldn't have been capitalized in that sentence. Quotes or perhaps italics would have been better used for emphasis, as would bold type. You also forgot the period at the end of the sentence. A colon would also be appropriate at the end since you supplied a link immediately afterward.

And really, how can you seriously correct anyone's grammar when you begin a sentence with "LOL"?

Oh shut the F up

He Is Legend
09-27-2009, 08:55 PM
You are wrong, he misspelled it. If you want to emphasize something, most people would use bold or capital letters.

http://i37.tinypic.com/20s9c0l.jpg

NightBreed
09-27-2009, 10:14 PM

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n167/MikeHotchkiss/capslockxg4.jpg

just sayin...:P

JIMINATOR
09-27-2009, 10:46 PM
soz.... what's bothering you shoggy? why the need to let off some steam? you can confide us and we will not abuse your trust. home? job? girlfriends? idiots? let us know....

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
09-27-2009, 11:01 PM
:rofl: :rofl:
soz.... what's bothering you shoggy? why the need to let off some steam? you can confide us and we will not abuse your trust. home? job? girlfriends? idiots? let us know....

Wiper
09-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Proper healthcare should be a right for anyone :down:

Also paying E 130/month though if I get something I don't need to worry about any costs at all.

Sirc
09-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Oh shut the F up

Seriously, what's up Shogun? What happened to:

For the thousandth freaking time ... Attack the person's opinion, not the person! You are usually quiet or insert a brief opinion. Lately you've been actively dissing people in OT. That's not like you at all.

Hell, now you are even allowing yourself to be trolled. That's definitely not the Shogun I know. Something is not right here.

Bingo
09-28-2009, 03:06 AM
Alright alright alright!

Enough back and forth.

Hug it out bros!

Now, let's get back to Marz saying he checked out Legend's arse!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GodHGuug7Ns/SnhlpCEc1EI/AAAAAAAABT0/b7-NqgHLghA/s400/pigboy-anal-cyst.gif

FUS1ON
09-28-2009, 03:17 AM

Erectile disfunction ... But unlike HIL, I Googled and found a solution using some duct tape and Popsicle sticks that is supposed to work except for the occasional splinter.

Sirc I was just messing with you ... no problem bro

EricC
09-28-2009, 03:36 AM
omg you guys are soooooo immature.

and my RECOMMENDATION would be to have jake lance it open and then apply some neosporin and, later, depilatory cream.

MORGANA
09-28-2009, 07:30 AM
Alright alright alright!

Enough back and forth.

Hug it out bros!

Now, let's get back to Marz saying he checked out Legend's arse!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GodHGuug7Ns/SnhlpCEc1EI/AAAAAAAABT0/b7-NqgHLghA/s400/pigboy-anal-cyst.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: