PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about puke

Death Engineer
10-02-2009, 06:23 AM
So my 3 kids have thrown up a combined 37 times in the last 72 hours. I have seen enough vomit for a long time. After 2 ER trips and 2 IV bags of fluids for the younger 2, I can easily say this is the worst stomach bug our family has ever had. Let's hope the parents don't catch it!

So ... is anyone else experiencing any of the lovely diseases out there right now? Swine flu? Misery loves company, ya know.:confused: :bawling: :down:

Bingo
10-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I want to know whose job it was to count each time! :P

And no, currently I'm not experiencing anything that even warrants mentioning after hearing what you are going through.

Die Hard
10-02-2009, 01:04 PM
I'm staying home :(

BobtheCkroach
10-02-2009, 01:45 PM
37 is my family's lucky number.

Clearly, it is not yours.

That's a whole lot of puke, you have my condolences.

We've all been sick this week, but just a cold that makes you congested and tired, no puking, thankfully.

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
10-02-2009, 06:57 PM
No puke at our house either. But Savanna, Darrin and I have all had something, colds I guess. No fever, sneezing, sore throats, runny/stuffy nose, coughing.

I hope your children are very quickly over "the puking" very quickly!

Goober
10-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Dang D.E., have you been trying to cook again? Puking so much that they need IV's is not good, poor babies.
Wife and I are pretty much with the rest. Head so full of snot that it would take a .50 caliber hole to relieve the pressure,and generally feeling like crap.
Hope your younguns get better soon.

Death Engineer
10-05-2009, 04:58 PM
I ended up coming down with it about 12 hours later. I only had one round of "cleansing" though thankfully as the ER doc was kind enough to prescribe Zofran for anyone else in the fam that caught it. We're all 48 hours in the clear now and I'm back at work today (took off last Wed. and Fri). Still a bit hesitant though. Here's hoping no one else gets that nasty bug.

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
10-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Glad you and the family are feeling better.:thumbs: