PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Make A Youtube Video?

Bingo
11-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Okay, so YES I GOOGLED THIS! lol

But seriously, I have an mp3 and some pictures. How do I make a video out of them? Free software is much preferred. It really doesn't need to be anything fancy. The driving force here is I have a long out-of-print CD. I want to upload a song to youtube for some friends of mine to hear. So I figured I'd do the youtube video thing with the song and a couple of pictures where I've scanned the CD cover and such.

I checked out some of the stuff I found on some links and it either cost too much or didn't seem to work.

So I thought I'd save myself some time and see if someonere here could suggest something for me.

I remember Sepra made some really awesome videos so I'm hoping if nothing else she can offer some wisdom.

Any suggestions?

Bingo
11-06-2009, 12:56 AM
I should add that if Tip posts one of those google this for you links I'm going to ban his arse. :ha:

Go ahead and try me on that one if you think I'm kidding there, Sparkles. :P

Suicidal
11-06-2009, 01:06 AM
Well, if you aren't stealing someone else's work, you're doing it wrong.

EXEcution
11-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Well, if you aren't stealing someone else's work, you're doing it wrong.

It's not stealing, it's copying!

Suicidal
11-06-2009, 09:29 PM
It's not stealing, it's copying!

It's not copying, it's sharing! We were all taught to share.

SASQUATCH
11-07-2009, 03:28 AM
I posted something about this a while ago and this time I will just type 3 letters for you .

FLV. . .

FUS1ON
11-07-2009, 04:39 AM
LOL Most forum search engines (including GM's) will not search for words 3 characters or less

Bingo
11-07-2009, 04:40 AM
So I took the advice and used Microsoft Movie Maker.

Here are my first efforts.

I wanted to upload a couple of songs from a band that I knew a while back. They played a few times in the bar where I hung out and from time to time did the sound.

The band long since broke up and the CD is out of print so a lot of people don't have access to their music anymore.

Since the first song I did was longer than 10 minutes I had to find somewhere else to post it.

First tune, a bit like a mix of Dave Matthews, Blues Traveler and Allman Brothers:
http://www.vimeo.com/7482330

Second tune, a long song that starts out acoustic and ends up full electric:
http://www.vimeo.com/7481562

SASQUATCH
11-08-2009, 02:52 PM
LOL Most forum search engines (including GM's) will not search for words 3 characters or less

But in this case it does and you will see a lot of info on it.

FLV is pretty good and is used a lot for Videos, and more.
AT&T we did a project on it and QBC.

It's not only good all around but it helps to save time when streaming and
and space. For music it's even easier and can be formatted for it and save a great deal of space. For Iphones etc there is a something that is used from Adobe:

Adobe now comes with a iPhone application (ipa) which lives directly on the device. This initiative now gives the opportunity for ActionScript developers to develop applications for the wonderful iPhone and iPod Touch devices.

You will see more of this device being used for all applications.

The main point is that we want information even if it's music, video's or what ever to maintain and storage when needed.

SASQUATCH
11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Just to let you know it’s another way but some go differently and what better way to look at things in more than one way. Pure Evil mentions about this a while ago and not sure which direction he went but he also had to do something like that a few months ago I believe.

Almost forgot to mention that it's also very cheap and easy to do.