PDA

View Full Version : snowed in

Grimmy
12-10-2009, 12:17 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is snowed in by the storm that went through the mid west, and dumped the first snow, and well I haven't heard any totals, but I have over a 5ft drift in my driveway and I am truely snowed in and can't get out. Had the atv out for a little bit, but the wind was blowing too hard and couldn't see very well, and the snow was just too much for the time being.

SO, I guess I will spend the night gaming or something :)

I am ready for spring already!!

FUS1ON
12-10-2009, 05:01 AM
What is this Snow thing you are talking about? lol

Grimmy
12-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Had a huge storm roll through the mid west for the last 2 days. I have over a 5 ft drift in front of the garage door and it tapers off to about 2-3 ft down the rest of the driveway. Had wind gusts over 50 mph all day today, and I've heard reports of over 15 inches being dumped.

It's not the best pic, but I couldn't get anything better with my camera, but I managed to get something wtih my phone. I'll get more tomorrow when it's light out.

PJ'l_Master
12-10-2009, 10:09 AM
they really played it up where im at in MI...and we didnt get it that bad, enough to make me and my little bitty car stay home from work for 2 days though i guess

Grimmy
12-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Going to try to upload these, couple of high res pic that I took with my digital camera (other one was with my phone).

Well I had to resize them to upload them. If anyone wants a copy of the originals, PM me your email address and I can email them to you (once my mail server finishes it's upgrade).

BobtheCkroach
12-10-2009, 02:50 PM
What PJ said. The last 2 days we've had doomsday predictions about blizzards and whatnot. And both days, I've been able to get into the car and drive at a reduced, but acceptable speed. 40 instead of 55, etc.

Suicidal
12-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I'd love this so much.

But I'm an ignorant child :)

Bingo
12-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Pffft. That's nothing. Call me when you have drifts hitting 25 feet.

Cause that happens all the time here.

In Florida.

:P

ME BIGGD01
12-11-2009, 07:12 AM
I want some snow :bawling:

TheMaster
12-11-2009, 04:21 PM
You can borrow some of ours Biggs, I'd like to see some disappear from here. :D

We got slammed good. The storm hit us early Wednesday morning and dumped a foot on the ground in the first few hours, and plenty more after that. The school district was closed and before the morning was up they closed down for Thursday too. Later that night I heard there was something like seven wrecks attributed to the weather. Thursday was no better, it snowed harder, it blew harder and it was colder. Today though the snowing has stopped and I plan to dig us out. Driving anywhere is out of the question though.

Nick
12-11-2009, 05:47 PM
ya it snowed.. no biggy :D

MORGANA
12-11-2009, 09:16 PM
some "white chrismas" would be nice here too. :o