PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

Bingo
02-09-2010, 12:04 AM
So I'm curious - does anyone still use Ebay?

I've bought stuff from there on an infrequent basis but not in a while.

Just went to go look something up for the first time in like a year now and damn but the first 3 pages were almost entirely items listed by Ebay "Businesses".

It was getting bad before to find the actual people just selling stuff and getting around the businesses but now it seems like it's almost impossible.

And it kind of defeats the purpose to me. I don't want to buy from a pawnshop or a used equipment business - I want to buy from a person. I want a decent deal, not the top dollar for an item - you know?

Just curious what others thoughts are.

B

Goober
02-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Same here, I used to buy hard to find surveying tools for precision tooling, and camera accesories off of ebay. Lately however the prices have gone up and like you say, there are no individuals selling much anymore. Guess they have started using craigslist instead.
Oh, and to answer your question. I haven't bought anything in the last 9 months off of ebay.

Bingo
02-09-2010, 01:32 AM
I've used the rough analogy that it used to be like a bunch of people all getting together to sell their used cars.

Now it's all used car dealers getting together to list all the products they have for sale.

And yeah, I've suspected the better deals and the average person is using Craigs list.

The downside is the pool of merchandise is much, much smaller since you are looking locally instead of Nation (world) wide.

SASQUATCH
02-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Be-careful with Beezid.com because they have been advertising it on television and this article talks about it in how they make there money.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/bait-and-switch/beezid-com/beezid-com-beezid-com-is-a-tot-abd53.htm

Ebay is the way the go if needed.

Pure_Evil
02-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I quit after my pay-pal account got hacked.. Too much B.S. whit those 2 sites. :mad:

Goober
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I use THIS (http://www.searchtempest.com/) to search craigslist using a radius of (x) miles. That way you can keep it within driving range for looking at the cars, motorcycles etc. I wouldn't use craigslist for buying electronic parts unless I could drive over and see if it works before I handed over my money.

Bingo
02-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Interesting site there Goober.

I've actually bought several electronic items off Craigs List. Obviously I do all my stuff locally and face to face.

Bingo
02-10-2010, 01:52 AM
I quit after my pay-pal account got hacked.. Too much B.S. whit those 2 sites. :mad:

Holy crap. That's crazy! What happened?

JIMINATOR
02-10-2010, 03:27 AM
yes! craigslist FTW! I do all my er.... shopping from there.

Pure_Evil
02-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Holy crap. That's crazy! What happened? someone got my CC info off there & started ordering pills, having them shipped to my house, and it was a subscription to get regular deliveries :mad: