PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 2 or Bad Company 2 - ?

JIMINATOR
03-28-2010, 02:23 AM
anybody playing either? Interesting time with BC2, I am getting my ass handed to me repeatedly, but it is also a lot of fun. Like back stabbing is an instant kill reminiscent of Sam. pretty much nothing else is though....

Goober
04-02-2010, 11:54 PM
ye im playing mw2 jim,its a damn good game but im starting to get fed up with the lag and the fact there is no dedicated servers,i also got cod5 but that just hasnt got the same feel as as cod4 and mw2.

Same here Huggs. I really enjoyed the single player and the multiplayer maps are great. BUT, not being able to pick the server I want to go to sucks largely. I've gone back to playing cod4. Fragetti has been playing battlefield and likes it, I'm thinking of giving it a try.

SHOTGUNmaniac
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Playing MW2 on the 360 at the min, i think it's great.

The only downside, is the no dedicated servers, but you can get around that, by creating your own, or have mates create theres.

Playing the same maps gets kind of annoying, as does the 1200 ms points to buy map packs. Wich in my opinion, after paying £50 for a game, should be free.

Gonna be picking up BC2 over the next couple of days.

JIMINATOR
04-03-2010, 02:41 AM
I've been playing BC2 - I have never cared for military style games but I am enjoying the hell out of this one. I ebayed a key for it for $18. Very well worth it, to the point where I picked up a second from EA for $20 (sale + coupon) (just in case).

JIMINATOR
04-12-2010, 03:30 AM
100th knife kill in an otherwise sucky game.... :)

the cool thing is you collect their dogtags and you can see everyone you killed and how many times

You serious sam guys would probably love this game, I do.

32 man servers, good netcode, lots of fun.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/4396/bf2xc.jpg

Gun Element
04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I played the hell out of MW2 for the first month when it came out. After playing BC2 I just couldnt believe how crappy MW2 was lol.
Bad Company 2 is (to me) more intense, the games are longer (usually), and its way more teamwork based.

JIMINATOR
04-13-2010, 05:02 PM
squad death match is pretty awesome. does great things for the k/d ratio also.... :)

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7875/bf3.jpg

j5tar
04-24-2010, 01:50 AM
I recently bought Battlefield Bad Company 2 as well but it runs really bad on my laptop even with the lowest settings maxed out.

Intel Duo Core
9800 GS
4GB Ram

Might build a new PC this summer though.

EXEcution
04-24-2010, 04:25 AM
I've played the demo and the full game at a friend's house. Gameplay seems a bit slow and snipers seem to dominate most maps.

Gun Element
04-27-2010, 07:44 AM
I suck with the snipers in BC2, and I never had any problem getting killed by them too much to notice an annoyance.

JIMINATOR
05-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Frys sale, $25 + $2 shipping
http://www.frys.com/product/6157019

Honestly having as much fun with this game as I ever had with sam,
could play it all day, it is like crack cocaine.
Exe, squad death match is what I play, it is 4 v 12 and tons of fast action
compared to the other game modes.

*Titanium*
05-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Frys sale, $25 + $2 shipping
http://www.frys.com/product/6157019

Honestly having as much fun with this game as I ever had with sam,
could play it all day, it is like crack cocaine.
Exe, squad death match is what I play, it is 4 v 12 and tons of fast action
compared to the other game modes.

Sounds interesting but could my 2006 comp handle it?

4600+( 2.4GHz),2.0 GB Ram, GeForce 8600 GT(256.0 MB ), Windows XP

Gun Element
05-20-2010, 01:39 AM
Probably not, you would have to have everything set to low and it still would be laggy.

Wouldnt recommend it

JIMINATOR
05-20-2010, 03:27 AM
Sounds interesting but could my 2006 comp handle it?

4600+( 2.4GHz),2.0 GB Ram, GeForce 8600 GT(256.0 MB ), Windows XP
lol, you need a reason to upgrade anyway.... :)

*Titanium*
05-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Probably not, you would have to have everything set to low and it still would be laggy.

Wouldnt recommend it

I did a system run check from http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/ which looks at your computer's hardware and system software to determine whether or not your current system can run a product/games!

After passing the minimum requirements, I went ahead and bought the game from steam :D ...Playing Single player in low settings so far and it's running just fine with fps of 20-45 (using fraps) as couldn't find the command to show fps.....Haven't tried MP yet as I want to finish SP first and so far I'm liking it :)

lol, you need a reason to upgrade anyway.... :)

I have been using my desktop for Serious Sam and old games so it makes no sense to upgrade yet but I will eventually :) ...I use my laptop and recently purchased mini-netbook for everything else :D

Gun Element
05-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Lol I tested out my laptop and see what it said about what games I can and cannot play.

Reached recommended settings on

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Metro 2033 - which is the most demanding game I know of
Cryostasis
Gears of War
Grand Theft Auto IV

all but Bad Company 2 passed with flying colors, apparently my i7 isn't good enough to be a recommended CPU for the game. HAHA

*Titanium*
05-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Lol I tested out my laptop and see what it said about what games I can and cannot play.

Reached recommended settings on

Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Metro 2033 - which is the most demanding game I know of
Cryostasis
Gears of War
Grand Theft Auto IV

all but Bad Company 2 passed with flying colors, apparently my i7 isn't good enough to be a recommended CPU for the game. HAHA

Nice :thumbs:

Your i7 should be more the enough lol

I hate playing first person shooters on a laptop as the keys and screen size are so small and my wrist starts hurting after...

Gun Element
05-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Nice :thumbs:

Your i7 should be more the enough lol

I hate playing first person shooters on a laptop as the keys and screen size are so small and my wrist starts hurting after...

Well its what I use for Serious Sam :)