PDA

View Full Version : Why it would be a good thing that soldiers don't like killing

Wiper
04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0&feature=player_embedded

These guys lost total sense of reality, playing it like a some sort of counterstrike game :down:

ME BIGGD01
04-06-2010, 06:53 PM
LOL, I love your propaganda:thumbs: Makes my day. Are you Muslime?

FUS1ON
04-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I had a long post but deleted it. I'll just say that it's horrible what happened to those people, I'm sure that no one is happy about it. Those journalist go to those places knowing full well what can happen and regrettably, the worst did.

These are the people that my heart goes out to, lets hear some outcry or see some post about what happened to them. ;)
http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/

(On many of the days where persons died, they just used a silhouette i'm assuming because they didn't have a picture)

Die Hard
04-07-2010, 09:30 AM
LOL, I love your propaganda:thumbs: Makes my day. Are you Muslime?
There was no manipulation of information and therefore not propoganda. If these were muslims doing the same to our guys, you would be on here saying all muslims are ***** and we should kill every last one of them etc etc etc

Just because it leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't mean it ain't true.

In all walks of life there will always be minorities who do not represent the thoughts, actions or beliefs of the majority. This is simply one of those occasions.

ME BIGGD01
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
There was no manipulation of information and therefore not propoganda. If these were muslims doing the same to our guys, you would be on here saying all muslims are ***** and we should kill every last one of them etc etc etc

In all walks of life there will always be minorities who do not represent the thoughts, actions or beliefs of the majority. This is simply one of those occasions.

Actually, it's a utube video that has no proof or anything. I am not saying innocent people don't get killed but the way I see it, if we didn't have to go there and they would have fought their Government. That's what they get or the chance of. I shed no tears for them. I am sure a lot worst happens but regardless, who ever said war was pretty?

Now I still stand by it as propaganda. I don't know where it was produced and if it's official. The point is little wiper always has to try to make America out to be the bad guy. Out of all the things he has to post he does it against my country. I mean why not post about the innocent Jews that get killed or the terrorism that claims 1000's more lives? He's a punk in my eyes and probably Muslim. F him and F anyone else who has a problem with America. The younger generation depends on a google education and this is what they depend on to make up their mind.

Gun Element
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Just because its a you tube video doesn't mean it's fake. http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6344FW20100406?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a49:g43:r1:c 0.304220:b32607696:z0

"A U.S. defense official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed that the video and audio were authentic."

It's vague as to who the "defense official" was, but it's more than enough to show me that I'm looking at something real.

That's all I wanted to say

Wiper
04-07-2010, 10:29 PM

Well said :)

@ Shogun:
Respect indeed goes to those fighting for our freedom and helping others to get it. Not bashing on that, I just think that guys like this create more enemies than getting rid of which results into more casualties and shouldn't do a job like this :)

JIMINATOR
04-07-2010, 10:34 PM
well, the way I see it the guy in the helicopter first thought he saw someone carrying a gun, then another with a rpg. You can't really tell much from the video. if that was the image they had to look at then it pretty much sucks so it is easy to see why they came to the wrong conclusions.

Wiper
04-07-2010, 10:37 PM
well, the way I see it the guy in the helicopter first thought he saw someone carrying a gun, then another with a rpg. You can't really tell much from the video. if that was the image they had to look at then it pretty much sucks so it is easy to see why they came to the wrong conclusions.

true....but the part with "come on, let us shoot" at the caretakers is kinda disturbing :) (Geneve agreement ain't there for nothing)

FUS1ON
04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
If I were to watch a autopsy live in person, i'm sure it would make me more than a little uneasy (if not fall the hell out :) ), the more I was to see it done, the less unusual it would be come and would not bother me. It's the same with those soldiers, over there they are so desensitized to what goes on that they talk like that because they see it every day and have had their buddies blown up by assholes that won't come out and fight normally, they hide out, plant roadside bombs and they surround themselves with non-combatants so when shot at, they can claim innocent civilians were injured or killed by the invading infidels.

In that video you see guys with slings across their backs, at that distance they could have appeared to be gun-slings. When a RPG is mentioned, you see something cyclical poking around the edge of a building, it could have been mistaken as an RPG but i'm assuming it was a telephoto camera lens. Those are purely assumptions, but hindsight is a wonderful thing to be blessed with.

Besides I'm 1000% sure that the assholes on the other side have said and done worse than was shown in that video.

Bingo
04-08-2010, 02:50 AM
The only thing I'll say about this is that it becomes very, very easy to judge these things when we are watching a video of it from the comfort of our own homes. We aren't there being shot at every day. We aren't there waking up in the morning hoping like hell we get to make it through the day alive. We aren't there literally praying each night that we will live long enough to go home and see our families.

It sucks to see things like this happen but we should never, ever assume anything of those involved. For all you know each and every person involved in that is lying awake at night wracked with guilt over what turned out to be a very understandable accident.

And for the record I would say the same about anyone involved in something like that, Muslim, American or someone from the planet Alpha Centauri I don't care.

Nitro
04-08-2010, 05:31 AM
Videos like this make me wish I was part of another race other than human.

Die Hard
04-08-2010, 08:10 AM
You never have been human :P

Nitro
04-08-2010, 04:23 PM
You never have been human :P

hehe :D

Ra\/en
05-04-2010, 12:26 AM
I saw this video on a different forum a little while ago. It is bound to spark debate regardless of the viewpoint you come from.

If you think about it a little, It's easy to sympathize with both sides of the situation.

First off, the soldiers in the video are clearly in a different set of circumstances compared with my life. They deal with messed up stuff on a regular basis, have their lives threatened constantly, and have a job to do. Mistakes can and will happen. However, we have no idea what happened before this video. Some crazy stuff could have gone down before this video was taken, and they were patrolling and looking for it. In any case, It's easy to scrutinize the initial part of the video now and say "oh... it was not an RPG", but in the moment, I do believe the soldiers were right in taking the side of caution. I might have done the same. Did they have 20 minutes to look at the video freeze frame? no.. they had to make a decision.

However, my sympathy for the soldiers changes over the 2nd half of the video. Why would you train your gun on the guy and will him to pick up a gun so you can shoot him. Is it enjoyable? Why would you blast open a van with people who were clearly only there to pick up wounded and drive away? That makes no sense to me. People have a right to be upset at that section. It is disturbing. War is disturbing i'm sure. I'm glad I don't have to be there.

However, I like that this is public, and we can take a good look at the horrors of war. I think it would be unfair to the soldiers to condemn them all based on this video, as we really don't know the full story or understand what the soldiers are going through.

However, I do not think this should be dismissed as propaganda. I think the American Public needs to learn how to THINK, and make tough decisions for themselves, and form opinions based upon GOOD information. Having this kind of information available allows us to glimpse for a minute at the world over there. At the very least, it challenges us to think about some tough questions. Nightly CNN/FOX news updates are certainly not a picture of reality, nor should one form their opinions based upon the shitty shitty "news" that is produced by some of the large American media.

Sorry for the length of that rant!

ME BIGGD01
05-04-2010, 06:46 AM
When I mention propaganda, I refer to little wipers posts. They are all against America. None of you can see it but I do. He's nothing but a little bitch in my eyes who decides to post the least of the evils in war. You will never see him post the other sides bad doings along with his punk ass making opinions off of some utube clip. Yeah, I'm the bad guy for calling a spade a spade. It's so easy for anyone to have an opinion but until your ass is on the line stfu and make no judgements. Not one of us has the right to judge any of these people and their actions. While you are playing your games on your computer or jerking off to some anime video's, there's a real world out there being lived and its not on youtube.

I swear some of you really crack me up. Judging people and situations from utube. Yeah, please preach on and tell me what it's like. Tell me how evil these Americans are. Lets ignore these sand ******s actions but point out the Americans in uniform.

Anyone who supports this jerkoff can line up to kiss my ass. I am starting to think this site really is about mecca. No wonder it's gone to shit with all the little kids who are still on their mothers droopy tit acting as if they know what life is about.

If anyone is offended by what I say I am happy about that. That is exactly how offended I am when I hear and read such nonsense. It bugs me more I don't have the ability to strike those responsible.

He Is Legend
05-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Well I can for one say this video makes me sick, makes me think the whole army is filled with pea-brained high school football players. but I can't make that judgement from just 1 video. But from the looks of it, if it was such a threat, how come none of the foreigners were aiming at the copter? why wouldn't the American's just flee instead of causing the loss of dear lives. Every life is ment to live, I can tell this video is hard to judge, but the american way of doing things and taking control is just sickening.

Die Hard
05-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Not one of us has the right to judge any of these people and their actions.Maybe you should listen to your own words sometimes. . . . . .

ME BIGGD01
05-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Do you see me judging a video from utube? What words are you referring to? Your post makes no sense other than you don't like my what I had to say which is fine. I think by now it should be known that if someone wants to share their opinion about my country, they should be prepared to get a little something back. Their opinion will get mine.

Wiper
05-05-2010, 07:52 PM
1)When I mention propaganda, I refer to little wipers posts. They are all against America. None of you can see it but I do. He's nothing but a little bitch in my eyes who decides to post the least of the evils in war. You will never see him post the other sides bad doings along with his punk ass making opinions off of some 2)utube clip. Yeah, I'm the bad guy for calling a spade a spade. It's so easy for anyone to have an opinion but until your ass is on the line stfu and make no judgements. Not one of us has the right to judge any of these people and their actions. While you are playing your games on your computer or jerking off to some 3)anime video's, there's a real world out there being lived and its not on youtube.

I swear some of you really crack me up. Judging people and situations from utube. Yeah, please preach on and tell me what it's like. Tell me how evil these Americans are. Lets ignore these sand ******s actions but point out the Americans in uniform.

Anyone who supports this jerkoff can line up to kiss my ass. I am starting to think this site really is about mecca. No wonder it's gone to shit with all the little kids who are still on their mothers droopy tit acting as if they know what life is about.

If anyone is offended by what I say I am happy about that. That is exactly how offended I am when I hear and read such nonsense. It bugs me more I don't have the ability to strike those responsible.

Since u want me to reply:

1) Plz look up the word propaganda. This is called awareness

2) where should it be posted to be the truth? utube is a medium to share videos it's not an institute.

3) Never was into Anime

Sorry to say but people like you (which are a lot) are a danger for your own freedom and the people around you. If Bush asks you to jump you ask "How high?" instead of "why?"

Sirc
05-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Since u want me to reply:

2) where should it be posted to be the truth? utube is a medium to share videos it's not an institute.

3) Never was into Anime

Sorry to say but people like you (which are a lot) are a danger for your own freedom and the people around you. If Bush asks you to jump you ask "How high?" instead of "why?"

1) Wrong. Propaganda is a tool used to sway opinion and beliefs biased on a specific bias. Propaganda uses words that evoke emotional responses, and targets weaknesses or circumstances to condition someone to think in a way that is NOT based on reason and common sense. Propaganda is used to REMOVE awareness and reasonable thought and to further a specific agenda.

Religious teachings are an excellent example of propaganda and it's power.

Wiper
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
1) Wrong. Propaganda is a tool used to sway opinion and beliefs biased on a specific bias. Propaganda uses words that evoke emotional responses, and targets weaknesses or circumstances to condition someone to think in a way that is NOT based on reason and common sense. Propaganda is used to REMOVE awareness and reasonable thought and to further a specific agenda.

Religious teachings are an excellent example of propaganda and it's power.

You say I'm wrong, but about what? Saying I'm on some sort of bashing USA tour is evoking emotional responses to think about me in a way that is not based on reason and common sense.

Pulling the "racist"-card is a very effective but cheap move and often the end of the OT-discussion :)

ME BIGGD01
05-06-2010, 01:36 PM

LOL, you have no idea what propaganda means. I still stick with what I say wihen it comes to your posts. You talk about stuff yet have no idea what you're talking about. Research military propaganda dipshit.

Gee, thanks for the lesson:rolleyes: . Just for the record, I did not bash the service but the people who take it as truth. Big difference.

3) Never was into Anime
I think you missed the point again but I am not suprised.

Yeah, alot of people like me are a danger to freedom. I bet your freedom has women wearing sheets covering their face. You still talk about Bush which is pretty funny considering he hasn't been in office for over a year. It show's your ignorance and maybe your intelligence level. Just so you know and you can look it up, I never once promoted Bush. I defended him but only against ignorant chat in regards to todays problems. You know like it was Bush's fault for Katrina or Iraq etc. Not once have I supported any Governemnt official as I am anti-Gov.

Before you tell someone to look up a word, I think it would be wise for you to do that so you actually understand what the other person is saying. Pure ignorance for such a young fool.

ME BIGGD01
05-06-2010, 01:37 PM
This is called awareness---hahahaha. Thanks for the morning funny with my cup of java.:thumbs:

Wiper
05-06-2010, 02:17 PM

LOL, you have no idea what propaganda means. I still stick with what I say wihen it comes to your posts. You talk about stuff yet have no idea what you're talking about. Research military propaganda dipshit.

Gee, thanks for the lesson:rolleyes: . Just for the record, I did not bash the service but the people who take it as truth. Big difference.

3) Never was into Anime
I think you missed the point again but I am not suprised.

Yeah, alot of people like me are a danger to freedom. I bet your freedom has women wearing sheets covering their face. You still talk about Bush which is pretty funny considering he hasn't been in office for over a year. It show's your ignorance and maybe your intelligence level. Just so you know and you can look it up, 4) I never once promoted Bush. I defended him but only against ignorant chat in regards to todays problems. You know like it was Bush's fault for Katrina or Iraq etc. Not once have I supported any Governemnt official as I am anti-Gov.

Before you tell someone to look up a word, I think it would be wise for you to do that so you actually understand what the other person is saying. Pure ignorance for such a young fool.

1) Read Sirc's post and my reply.

2) Again the question: where should it be posted then to be the truth?

3) You honestly want a fully founded answer on some random trashtalk? I replied with irony/sarcasm, but you missed it and also I'm not surprised about that

4) You defended him with so much passion and effort that it's hard to believe that you ain't supporting him.

Ra\/en
05-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Wow. This thread got nasty! I will say one thing though. The OP was clearly swayed in one direction. It was not just for information. It is probably very hard to post a topic such as this with a descriptor without injecting at least a little bit of personal opinion on the issue. Direct Propaganda maybe not, but directed at a certain stance, definitely.

ME BIGGD01
05-14-2010, 03:10 AM
The reason I used the term propaganda was because everything he posts is against America. He normally doesn't have a point either. He justs posts dumb things regardless of his data being old and/or inaccurate. He can't even debate anything because he doesn't have the ability to think. He has to watch a video to form an opinion. It makes no sense but to have an agenda behind it.

Wiper
05-14-2010, 09:44 PM
Wow. This thread got nasty! I will say one thing though. The OP was clearly swayed in one direction. It was not just for information. It is probably very hard to post a topic such as this with a descriptor without injecting at least a little bit of personal opinion on the issue. Direct Propaganda maybe not, but directed at a certain stance, definitely.

Wrong assumptions about my religion, race, pron-preferences and intentions etc. etc. etc. are the main fails in this thread. I can see the "propaganda" about me bashing the USA has worked on you. I'll stop here and shut up, must be some sort of truth in it if 3 people are already saying it!!!

or....maybe not?? :insecure:

ME BIGGD01
05-15-2010, 12:09 AM
You had me at shutting up. The only truth is you have nothing better to do with yourself. Get a job or something.:thumbs:

By the way, Raven did not once agree with anything I said along with comment on my opinions. If anything he was was saying the thread got nasty and that was probably directed at my opinion. I think I can rest my case on the way you look at things regardless of the reality of the message.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-15-2010, 12:54 AM
(Anyone who supports this jerkoff can line up to kiss my ass.)

Only after you work in Florida sun on an August day wearing long johns and jeans and had Taco Bell for lunch LOL

FUS1ON
05-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Which Jerkoff are you talking about Who? I might want my ass kissed too. :D

Ra\/en
05-15-2010, 09:38 AM
mmm... Taco Bell.

Sirc
05-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Wrong assumptions about my religion, race, pron-preferences and intentions etc. etc. etc. are the main fails in this thread. I can see the "propaganda" about me bashing the USA has worked on you. I'll stop here and shut up, must be some sort of truth in it if 3 people are already saying it!!!

or....maybe not?? :insecure:

Which 3 people? I've not said anything other than you had the definition of "propaganda" wrong. However, looking back, I may have misread. You may have meant that knowing what propaganda means is "awareness".

I like Wiper. He says what he thinks even though he knows that he may be in for a beating for saying it here. He's from a different country and culture. Let's face it, if everyone here was an extreme right wing American the forums would be dead because you'd all be off watching Glenn Beck re-runs. Speaking of propaganda, heh, Glenn Beck is the king.

It's interesting how the "attack the opinion, not the person" rule here only applies when the opinions expressed are compatible with certain Admins' opinions. Ever notice that? I'd like to see BIGG back off a bit on the personal attacks. Just MHO.

FUS1ON
05-15-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm glad you brought that up and to be honest, you are wrong. I just got tired of saying it because no one paid attention except maybe you and no one else wanted to put their big boy panties on and play the heavy here to step in and do something besides me .... so I now have their relaxed attitude too ... sort of.

Bigg, you really need to ease up on the personal attacks. I've tried to relax on the rules some so to appease a certain member here .... "attack the opinion, not the person".

ME BIGGD01
05-15-2010, 11:07 PM
While if anyone knows me personally, I hate to attack anyone. Honestly, I think to what it may seem like in my words as if I am some mean guy irritated all the time, that's not the case. But if you do know me, you will understand my passion in some things. Yes, I will be sure to let a clerk no after a purchase that he owes me a thank you but at the same time I believe I am more open minded than most.

With that, I think people should understand the core of my comments. Yes they can be my opinions and I accept that but I think it should be made clear the term personal attack. I mean if you bash my country I think that should be looked as a personal attack. I feel it is and that's why I post a response. I guess this all can be debatable depending on who is deciding but I think I stress my case pretty clear. I also would like to mention had another american made a comment regarding America, I would not have taken it so personal. I am sorry, I am who I am and in real life I would not let someone get away with things like this so why should I in a community I have been a part of for this amount of years. I can and do respect others but they need to respect as well. Again the definition of personal attack can mean a lot of things. I would say lets discuss it but F that, lets just fight :) :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
05-15-2010, 11:57 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/supreme-court-upholds-freedom-of-speech-in-obsceni,17372/

WASHINGTON—In a decisive and vulgar 7-2 ruling, the U.S. Supreme Court once again upheld the constitution's First Amendment this week, calling the freedom of expression among the most "inalienable and important rights that a mother****er can have."

"It is the opinion of this court that the right to speak without censorship or fear of intimidation is fundamental to a healthy democracy," Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg wrote for the majority. "Furthermore, the court finds that the right to say whatever the hell you want, whenever the hell you want, is not only a founding tenet, but remains essential to the continued success of this nation."

Added Ginsburg, "In short, freedom of speech means the freedom of ****ing speech, you ignorant cocksuckers."

Enlarge Image

The decision came Monday in response to the case of a Charleston, WV theater troupe that had been sued by city officials for staging a sexually explicit play with public funds. Reversing the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals' decision, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the theater, an outcome free-speech advocates are calling a victory and Justice Ginsburg called "a bitch-slap in the face of all those uptight limp-dicks."

The ruling in City of Charleston v. The Kanawha Players marks the first time in 220 years that the nation's highest court has taken such a fiercely profane stance.

During oral arguments, Charleston's chief counsel Dan Roy said his clients could restrict any public speech they deemed offensive, an argument quickly dismissed by Justice John Paul Stevens, 90, who turned to his colleagues and made a repeated up-and-down hand motion intended to simulate masturbation.

"I'm beginning to wonder if you really understand what 'abridging the freedom of speech' means at all," said Stevens, a 34-year veteran of the court known for his often-nuanced interpretations of the First Amendment. "I'm also wondering whether you and your fat-faced plaintiffs over there need to have some respect for constitutionally protected expression ****ed into your empty hick skulls."

Justice Clarence Thomas, who voted with the majority, wrote a concurring opinion in which he made little mention of established court precedents but emphasized that he himself had viewed materials "way, way nastier than this stupid play."

"I don't know what kind of bullshit passes for jurisprudence down in the 4th Circuit these days," Thomas wrote. "But those pricks can take their arguments about speech that 'appeals only to prurient interests' and go suck a dog's asshole."

Added Thomas, "Just suck it. Get in there and seriously suck it."

Writing in dissent, however, Justice Antonin Scalia contemplated the limits of the constitutional guarantee of free speech.

"The court has an interest in protecting meaningful human communication, which is jeopardized when every other word out of someone's mouth is 'F this' or 'F that,'" Scalia wrote. "In practice, such an expansion of free expression becomes far too unwieldy and large to accommodate."

To which Justice Ginsberg immediately replied, "Yeah, that's what his mom said."

Conservative constitutional scholars have criticized the Supreme Court's decision, calling it not only a license to provoke, but also an act of provocation in itself, one that saw several justices repeatedly refer to the plaintiffs as "****wits," "asshats," and "cumsacks" before informing them that with their appeals exhausted, their only remaining legal recourse would be to "piss up a rope or take two fists in the mommy slot."

More than 18 months after the suit was first brought against the theater group, defense lawyers said the road to the Supreme Court was "hard as shit," but well worth it.

"This is a historic victory for free speech, and I wouldn't be surprised if, a hundred years from now, the hallowed walls of this court bear an inscription taken from the eloquent decision handed down today," lead defense attorney Carl Huddleston said. "Particularly the phrase 'That which erodes human rights serves to erode humanity, ****face.'"

ME BIGGD01
05-16-2010, 02:00 AM
HAHA, Jim where do you find this:D ? I laughed nonstop reading it. :thumbs:

Die Hard
05-16-2010, 08:50 AM
"attack the opinion, not the person".My sentiments exactly, everything else is just fine with me.

Pure_Evil
05-16-2010, 01:24 PM
I find humor in both, it's a forum, let it fly, if ya can't handle it, learn how to use your mouse better and click away...