05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCgQDjiotG0

FUS1ON
05-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Fries anyone?

Grimmy
05-10-2010, 05:27 PM
OMG, that's a good one!

I've been using chrome on and off for about a month now, and there are some things that I like about it, and others that I don't.

Thanks for sharing DE!!!

Death Engineer
05-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Out of curiosity, what do you not like about it?

JIMINATOR
05-11-2010, 02:51 AM
not really sure what the tests mean. they essentially consisted of making a mouse click which hit the forward button which would load the browser cache. hardly a real world test.

Grimmy
05-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Out of curiosity, what do you not like about it?

The download bar, I have to keep closing it when it's done. I wish there was a way to purge what's been downloaded, instead of having to hit the clear downloads link. Probably the other thing is where to tabs are located. I just don't like them all the way at the top. That's probably cause I have used IE8 for so long though. Most everything is just a matter of getting used to a new browser. Heck I remember when I made the switch from netscape to IE, OMG, but I am glad I did.

Other then that, the quakelive plug in doesn't work with Chrome, but that's minor. I still use both browsers. Just not ready to make Chrome my default browser yet.

Death Engineer
05-11-2010, 05:44 PM
I have the same concerns. I don't use it as my default either. Now that it supports Adblock Plus, I'm using it more and more though.

I've gotten used to where the tabs are and even appreciate that I get that much more screen space to use. The downloads are indeed annoying though. I like the separate window FF uses with the status updates in the main window much better.

Death Engineer
05-11-2010, 05:45 PM
not really sure what the tests mean. they essentially consisted of making a mouse click which hit the forward button which would load the browser cache. hardly a real world test.

I think you've confused a marketing message with some kind of engineering message. This is a really good video (IMHO) from a marketing perspective. It is clear that they are trying to communicate that Chrome is fast.