PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll Say Some Prayers for my Dad If You Can

Bingo
09-25-2010, 04:18 AM
My Pop is in the hospital. Things are dicey but he's stable. Had a complete blockage of his femoral artery, fixed that and found some heart valve problems. They were stabilizing him from that and he went into Arterial Fibrulation. He's stable again and as long as nothing else goes wrong, he'll be okay for the time being (Until they can replace the heart vale).

However, things are obviously pretty dicey and if anything else goes wrong things could get real bad real fast.

So if you can, toss some prayers or good thoughts or whatever you have his way.

This is when it really sucks being 9 hours away from your folks and unable to break away real quick.

Matt

JIMINATOR
09-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Thinking about your dad, praying everything goes well for you.

SASQUATCH
09-25-2010, 08:28 AM
I do hope All goes well for your father and for the family.

Peace to your family and a healthy recovery for your Dad.

Sas

FUS1ON
09-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Best wishes & prayers to you all

Bingo
09-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Pop had a rough night last night and I'm flying up tomorrow AM. He goes in for hearth cath on Mon AM. If that doesn't find anything else wrong he should be okay though he still has to get his heart valves replaced. And as long as things stop going wrong he'll hopefully be okay but the next couple days are going to be crucial.

Goober
09-26-2010, 10:37 AM
We'll be praying for your Dad and your family. Y'all hang in there.

NightBreed
09-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Hope all goes well Matt.. Stay positive !!

Bingo
09-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Things didn't go well today. Right now we're guessing it's around 60/40 that he's going to survive this. It's not been easy. We are sort of at the point that we hope he either starts to improve or that he at least goes quickly and doesn't suffer. It's a shitty conversation to have with your Mom about your Dad I can tell you.
Please keep some positive thoughts going because if he has another day like today, I'm going to be having a hard time keeping myself together. Seeing him all hooked up to this stuff and then to start getting delerious and incoherently babbling is really, really, really, really, really rough.

SASQUATCH
09-28-2010, 04:38 AM
I do hope it goes well Bingo. This is a difficult time for you and for the family. I hate having to hear news of this kind for anyone. Peace to you and to the family and keep us posted.

SAS

ME BIGGD01
09-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Hey Bingo, I really want to wish your dad luck and hopefully he gets better real soon. Prayers are with him and your family.

Wiper
09-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Good luck and best wishes man, hope things work out just fine :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Dixie Chick
09-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Hi Matt. Haven't been on in a while. Thinking of you and your family while going through this. I know when my Mom was going through her cancer it was tough being 4 hours away from her. Praying for your Dad and family. Hang in there! ((Hugs))

Cute Goldfish
09-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that your dad is sick! He is in my prayers

Bingo
10-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for all the positive thoughts everyone. It looks like they are working. So far, he is looking pretty good. Still a long ways to go, but at this point as long as he doesn't suddenly sharply decline he's going to pull through. He is stable and all the numbers are finally moving in the right direction.
Thanks so much, really. Means a lot to me.

Death Engineer
10-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Hang in there buddy. Things like this have a way of reminding us all what is important in life: Family, friends, and faith.

Bingo
10-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Well I'm back home for now. Dad threw several more serious problems into the mix, wound up having to have 2 emergency surgeries but for now he's stable. They have to keep him in C-ICU for a week or 2 to stabilize enough for open heart surgery so I finally just had to come home for a bit until that happens. So for now he's okay but still has more to do. Will update if anything more happens.