PDA

View Full Version : is something funny??

Grimmy
02-28-2003, 07:21 AM
I found this at Newegg and not sure if I am reading it correctly or not. Is this the full install, for like a blank HD?? If so, I think that is cheap.

Just wondering, becuase of the price. I thought it was a lot higher then that.

linkage (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?description=37-102-015)

Fred Bear
02-28-2003, 07:24 AM
seems about right to me. A decent price for a WD 80gb 7200 ;)

Stealth
02-28-2003, 07:25 AM
Its a 'barton' :thumbs:

Grimmy
02-28-2003, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by WEAPON_XxX@Feb 28 2003, 02:25 AM
Its a 'barton' :thumbs:
are you on crack?? That wasn't a proc, it was XP Pro, you know the operating system. :WTF:

OUTLAWS Tip
02-28-2003, 07:44 AM
that is cheap. I got one of my XP pro verison through a Microsoft Promotion for $58.

I actually have:
Xp Home bought
XP Pro bought
Xp Pro bought cheap.

And I only have two PC's
:drink: :drink:

Stealth
02-28-2003, 07:44 AM
Last 10 Posts [ In reverse order ]
Grimmy Posted on Feb 28 2003, 02:37 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QUOTE (WEAPON_XxX @ Feb 28 2003, 02:25 AM)
Its a 'barton' 

are you on crack?? That wasn't a proc, it was XP Pro, you know the operating system. 

I COULD HAVE SWEARN i JUST SAW A ASUS MOTHER BOARD ON THAT LINK :wacko: :blink:

I MUST BE LOSING IT :bandhead:

Goober
02-28-2003, 12:48 PM
I noticed it said you had to by hardware with it....wonder what hardware? Hard drive, CPU, barbones, power saw, light fixtures or tool box? Heck of a price though...I paid $199 for the upgrade version...and Bill G didn't even send any vaseline with it.

Saretta
02-28-2003, 01:18 PM
I bought my OEM version for 199 Euros (about the same in $) with my new computer.

Saretta
02-28-2003, 01:19 PM
I think without new computer it will be more expensive and no OEM, because u can normally only buy a OEM version with new computer.

Fred Bear
02-28-2003, 04:20 PM
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: I saw the HD at the top of the page and thought that is what you were talking about. I didnt see the OS. But any way that is a good price. :rolleyes:

Death-Dude
02-28-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Goober DOA@Feb 28 2003, 06:48 AM
I noticed it said you had to by hardware with it....wonder what hardware? Hard drive, CPU, barbones, power saw, light fixtures or tool box? Heck of a price though...I paid $199 for the upgrade version...and Bill G didn't even send any vaseline with it.
I've seen that several places, they have to sell you a 'system' to sell the OEM XP, and 'system' turns out to be nearly any piece of hardware. Some were more restrictive than others, but I read the fine print on a couple, and it was basically any piece of hardware; a HD, MB, RAM, proc, disk drive, NIC, etc. I've seen it as low as like $132.

Crism
02-28-2003, 11:25 PM
i got mine for $000.00 :w00t: *cough*friend*copied*xp*pro*corporate*cough*

MR. SLiK
02-28-2003, 11:43 PM
Rofl I got mine for free and legally. I had a license form microsoft (given to me by my comp teacher who received them from microsoft).

Death-Dude
03-01-2003, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Feb 28 2003, 05:43 PM
Rofl I got mine for free and legally. I had a license form microsoft (given to me by my comp teacher who received them from microsoft).
That would be free, and untraceable, but not legal, per se, no? Unless they bought them for that purpose. When I built 3 boxes for my local Union, I activated over the phone, and asked the guy assisting me (one went wrong) how much I could do in the way of upgrades on this version, legally, and he gave me many answers, that added up to "any, as long as it is the same 'system'". (When he gave me a number, and told me click "next", I told him to wait while I copied the number down. He got excited and said "No", that it was for this sytem only) So I asked him what constitutes a 'system', and he couldn't tell me definitively. Sure, a HD change, proc change, even a MB was fine. Anything was fine, as long as it is the same 'system', meaning that 'box'. So, I asked, how about if my PS dies, and I I use the same system, but change the case. He said no one had ever asked him these questions, and had to refer me to tech help. Now, if no one had asked him that, and he wasn't briefed on it, I have to think he was 'new' to the process, but it was funny to me that he said it was for "that system only", yet admitted I could change anything in (or out) of it, and still be legal.

Grimmy
03-01-2003, 02:39 AM
Well I called Newegg about that hardware thing, and they just said any piece of hardware, $10 floppy drive?? :devil: But I am getting many other pieces of hardware so itsall good. ;)

Slice
03-01-2003, 04:26 AM
I bought it for that price too, for this new system I just built. It normally runs around $199 for the full version. ;)

Thundarr
03-01-2003, 04:35 AM
From what have seen, that's a
great price! :jammin: :wootrock: