PDA

View Full Version : New Year resolutions.

SHOTGUNmaniac
12-30-2010, 04:09 PM
What are yours ?

As I've been given the all clear from my doctor, I'll be giving up smoking and drinking, and hopefully be going to a gym.

Think thats a good thing :)

EXEcution
12-31-2010, 06:23 AM
Good for you SHOTGUN! I need to start going to the gym more often..

ME BIGGD01
12-31-2010, 06:56 PM
Shotty, I always try to make changes that will be for the better. This year I plan to step back from a lot of chaos and try not to stress about things as much. I will be making adjustments to my living along with tightening my belt a little. The past couple of years were really crazy and now it's time to move forward in a direction that will be in the best interest for myself and my daughter. Bottom line, I am going to try to take it a little easier.

Happy New Year Bro

SASQUATCH
12-31-2010, 11:50 PM
What biggs said, saids it all. To me it means everything and most of all becoming a better person. New Years resolution is really another day because everyday that passes is a wonderful thing of life, to be able to live another day. To improve on it as the days go by and to make peace not only with others, but mostly with yourself.

I am grateful to have family and friends not just in New York and many other states and countries but at GM, where at times when someone post a thread, I begin to learn something new from each and everyone of you all.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart to GM for having me and most of all, being tolerant with me over the years, and being my friends.

Happy New years to you all and to your families and have a safe one.

SAS-

Death Engineer
01-03-2011, 01:47 AM
Our family is going processed food free the Q1 2011. This means no fast food, no chips/crackers/candy/etc (anything with partially hydrogenated anything or high fructose corn syrup).

In addition, we're committing to hit the YMCA 3 times a week to get much needed exercise.

I think it's going to be a great year and I'm psyched about it. :thumbs:

iTurtleTron
01-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Mine has to do with getting healthy too and that means no midnight snacks and doing more walking. And get a new haircut and clothes. Haha...I want to look great in 2011 :). Is it obvious, I'm newly single? Argghhh.

TheMaster
01-04-2011, 08:11 PM
I usually end up breaking them midway through the year so I'm not gonna bother to make a resolution. Maybe I can get some things accomplished then. :D

Die Hard
01-24-2011, 03:01 PM
How's the gym going shotty? :P

SHOTGUNmaniac
01-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Not bad, not bad. Manage twice a week at the min. It's not to bad, as I have a multigym and a treadmill at the girlfriends. Can't seem to give up smoking though.

Death Engineer
02-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Working out and smoking. Seems like those are kind of working against each other (breathe man, breathe!).

I made it to 10 of 12 planned workouts in Jan and am already feeling more healthy. We've done pretty well on giving up the processed foods at home. We've fudged a few times (literally...fudge), but on the whole, we're eating more healthily and enjoying a better quality of life as a result. Somehow that doesn't make taxes any more exciting though.

FUS1ON
02-02-2011, 01:20 AM
I've tried several times in the past and failed but never mentioned that I was trying publicly in case I quit .... so @ age 49 and 50+ lbs overweight, I too joined the gym and changed my eating habits as of last week ... good luck fellas!

This time, I will not fail! I've still be a ugly mofo though, there is no cure for that! :D