PDA

View Full Version : 2 Funerals, 2 days

Death Engineer
05-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Just got back from a week off work due to 2 family members passing away. I've never gone to funerals on back to back days. One was semi-expected as my grandfather had been in hospitals since Jan. following complex heart surgery. The other was a total shock as my 18 yr old cousin was a passenger in a fatal car accident. Her picture is below. All of this was found out upon returning from a weekend camping trip where my 6 yr old fell off a 12' bluff and hit his head 3 times on the way down. EMS was called out, but he checked out OK. No concussion, etc. He recovered quickly and has had no serious issues since then (just large bumps on his head). Rough week.

JIMINATOR
05-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Sorry for your losses. Especially tragic when young people die.

FUS1ON
05-24-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear that DE, thoughts and prayers to you and yours. I attended a double funeral (mother and daughter) for two friends of my family about a month ago, the Daughter (age 68) had been in a coma for almost a year and passed, the next day the Mother who was already in the hospital, passed due to a heart attack while there.

EXEcution
05-25-2011, 04:59 AM
You have my condolences DE. Real shame about your cousin, and I hope your son is doing OK.

Wiper
05-31-2011, 12:59 PM
My condolances, never nice to hear even when you expect it. But damn, 18 is way too soon :down:

Death Engineer
05-31-2011, 10:00 PM
Having a much better week this week. Our business moved offices and we're starting up new projects which is always exciting and helps keep me from thinking too much about all of this. In fact, I'm probably a bit emotionally numb now that I think about it. Anyways, thanks for the thoughts. And my son is doing fine. He's losing both his front teeth (unrelated to the fall). Fun stuff.

Mr Clean
06-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Sorry to hear that DE. Stay strong and appreciate each day you have. (I feel silly saying that since I know you already do).

merkwannabe
06-13-2011, 12:27 AM
Sorry DE.

Dangerous Dan
06-15-2011, 07:26 AM
So sorry to hear this. My condolences.