PDA

View Full Version : RIP Steve Jobs

Bingo
10-06-2011, 12:29 AM
Steve Jobs has passed away. I may not care a lot for Apple products, but there is no denying the impact the man has had on technology in our lifetime.

http://gizmodo.com/5838847/steve-jobs-is-dead

Death Engineer
10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
This really surprised me yesterday. I'm not sure why. I guess I should have seen this coming. I've been really negative about Apple in the past due to their controlling nature of iTunes and their OSes. I'm not a big fan of talking bad about people after they pass away, but I've heard from multiple sources who saw it first hand that Jobs could be a real jerk (in one case, he fired an entire engineering group in front of an outside sales team). I suppose that will be part of his legacy. The other part is the amazing vision he had for Apple and the products he helped to succeed (iPod, iPhone, iPad, etc).

Nick
10-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Always thought Apple devices were overpriced...but, he was innovative!

Bingo
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm reminded also of this great video from a few years ago too. Still hits home and something I wish every corporate design team watched.

G9HfdSp2E2A

ME BIGGD01
10-07-2011, 03:39 PM
I did not like this guy and was a known scumbag to many people that were the ones responsible for making Apple something great. Unless of course the guy with the whip gets credit for it. Regardless, it's sad to see anyone die from Cancer.