PDA

View Full Version : clans please read

ME BIGGD01
03-07-2003, 03:53 AM
after reading about all the people harrassing the servers and using other peoples names, i am considering just having clan/tags only. this would mean that if you want to play on the doa server you can not use aliases or people not in a clan are not welcomed. i know it will be hard to keep people off the public server so the thing is should i make not public and allow sign in. or just y=take chance and bann those that do not read. there are other servers out there suchs as outlaws and gods that don't mind the aliases so there will be servers for the newbies. i don't host gm so i would rather just play against clan members instead of playing unknown people and people who quit. mainly it is going to be a more competitive game for those who like playing quality players. what i mean is no matter when you eneter the doa server it will have people we know and should not be any problems with nonsense.

i ordered new scsi drive so once data is transferred doa/mh server will be back up.

please express your oppinion on this.

FlameRush
03-07-2003, 03:54 AM
Thats not fair, we should frag the babies thats new to the game, LOL.

ME BIGGD01
03-07-2003, 03:56 AM
yeah but there are other servers to do that. don't you think it would be better to go on a server where you definately know who is in there or competing against other clan members ?

Dangerous Dan
03-07-2003, 03:57 AM
What if you have a few well known names, such as myself: "The Clanless Wonder" "Mr. Tangerine Speedo" and "Dangerous Dan"? Am i free to alternate my names? If i feel like making a new one would it be ok if i announce it in the clan forum first?

TheUltimateWarrior
03-07-2003, 04:03 AM
Great idea!

ME BIGGD01
03-07-2003, 04:04 AM
i am sure everone would know it was you. which i guess you pointed something out to me. i think making server private with the ip listed in your private clan forum.

i have nothing against new players learning the game as we all had to doit once (and some are still learning). i just feel there should be a server just for clans players mainly for the competition and 2nd so we know who we are playing. now if someone wants to play with alias, they can do it on the other servers whereas the doa server will be strictly competition with out hassle.

FlameRush
03-07-2003, 04:12 AM
My new clan is Death Knights, I wish I had a forum.

Dangerous Dan
03-07-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Mar 7 2003, 04:04 AM
i am sure everone would know it was you. which i guess you pointed something out to me. i think making server private with the ip listed in your private clan forum.

i have nothing against new players learning the game as we all had to doit once (and some are still learning). i just feel there should be a server just for clans players mainly for the competition and 2nd so we know who we are playing. now if someone wants to play with alias, they can do it on the other servers whereas the doa server will be strictly competition with out hassle.
sorry, i thought you knew... its in my signature :(. But when you say "clans only" and "high competition", i feel that i only fit one of those catagories, that being the competative one, so would clanless competators be allowed in?

ME BIGGD01
03-07-2003, 04:22 AM
under the circumstanes yes. everyone knows you.

FlameRush
03-07-2003, 05:41 AM
I have true luck, I have my own clan.

Static
03-07-2003, 11:43 AM
I think it's a great idea... get's a bit annoying at times when you have a game against another good player and who wins comes down to who can frag the other noobs in the game first and you both end up with something like 36-6 33-7...

Only clan players would mean much more intense heart pumping action :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
03-07-2003, 12:08 PM
I think it may be tough to pull off, but I think that it may help boost the membership of some of the smaller clans like "CF" and "Grim Reapers".

I don't see a problem with it. :thumbs:

SALvation
03-07-2003, 01:44 PM
It's a good idea but it would be a bitch to maintain.

Die Hard
03-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me as long as all those who you
want to have access, can get access. It would be nice to have
just one place to go where you know the competition is always
going to be tough. :thumbs:

The idea of posting passwords or IP's on the clans private
forum should work but you may have to change passwords
say on a monthly basis because otherwise the word is bound
to get out and noobs, spammers etc will get to hear of them
and before you know it, they will be common knowledge. :oooo:

Sepra
03-07-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Mar 7 2003, 08:48 AM
It would be nice to have

For the most part anyway..........not all the claned are skilled yet. :( It seems everyone is more excited about not playing against n00bs than ME BIG's idea about playing against people you are familiar with. I for example am still trying to learn the game.

I think your idea about trying to eliminate these posers is a great one! :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
03-07-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Mar 7 2003, 08:48 AM

The idea of posting passwords or IP's on the clans private
forum should work but you may have to change passwords
say on a monthly basis because otherwise the word is bound
to get out and noobs, spammers etc will get to hear of them
and before you know it, they will be common knowledge. :oooo:
Now there's a thought! :thumbs:

Die Hard
03-07-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Sepra+Mar 7 2003, 02:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sepra @ Mar 7 2003, 02:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Die Hard@Mar 7 2003, 08:48 AM
It would be nice to have

For the most part anyway..........not all the claned are skilled yet. :( It seems everyone is more excited about not playing against n00bs than ME BIG&#39;s idea about playing against people you are familiar with. I for example am still trying to learn the game.

I think your idea about trying to eliminate these posers is a great one&#33; :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
Sepra i&#39;m sorry :bawling: What i meant was the competition
will be tough. In other words your game can only improve
by playing the better players.

My game sucks in some maps so i will enjoy playing the better
players beacuse that will make me a better player. I learn
nothing when i play noobs :thumbs:

Sepra
03-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Die Hard+Mar 7 2003, 09:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Die Hard @ Mar 7 2003, 09:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sepra@Mar 7 2003, 02:05 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Die Hard@Mar 7 2003, 08:48 AM
It would be nice to have

For the most part anyway..........not all the claned are skilled yet. :( It seems everyone is more excited about not playing against n00bs than ME BIG&#39;s idea about playing against people you are familiar with. I for example am still trying to learn the game.

I think your idea about trying to eliminate these posers is a great one&#33; :thumbs:

nothing when i play noobs :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
Thank you Die Hard......It&#39;s ok. I didnt mean to be snappy. I guess maybe I shouldnt&#39;ve taken my bitch pill this morning. :P

Die Hard
03-07-2003, 02:24 PM
wub

::: DARK PSI :::
03-07-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Mar 7 2003, 09:44 AM
It&#39;s a good idea but it would be a bitch to maintain.

You are just saying that since you are afraid to play on a server with all clan members.. no NOOBS to allow you a chance to win.

:lol:

Pure_Evil
03-07-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Sepra+Mar 7 2003, 09:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sepra @ Mar 7 2003, 09:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Die Hard@Mar 7 2003, 09:14 AM

It would be nice to have

I think your idea about trying to eliminate these posers is a great one&#33; :thumbs:

Thank you Die Hard......It&#39;s ok. I didnt mean to be snappy. I guess maybe I shouldnt&#39;ve taken my bitch pill this morning. :P [/b][/quote]
Sepra, did you eat another bowl of bitch flakes for breakfats? :P

Sepra
03-07-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Mar 7 2003, 09:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Mar 7 2003, 09:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sepra@Mar 7 2003, 09:22 AM

It would be nice to have

Thank you Die Hard......It&#39;s ok. I didnt mean to be snappy. I guess maybe I shouldnt&#39;ve taken my bitch pill this morning. :P
Sepra, did you eat another bowl of bitch flakes for breakfats? :P [/b][/quote]
Yeah I guess........and i&#39;m gonna unleash the wrath on your ass :thumbs:

Sepra
03-07-2003, 02:29 PM
Poor Die Hard got the first of it though

Pure_Evil
03-07-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Sepra+Mar 7 2003, 09:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sepra @ Mar 7 2003, 09:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Pure_Evil@Mar 7 2003, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by -Sepra@Mar 7 2003, 09:22 AM

It would be nice to have

Sepra, did you eat another bowl of bitch flakes for breakfats? :P
Yeah I guess........and i&#39;m gonna unleash the wrath on your ass :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
Best offer I&#39;ve had in weeks&#33; :thumbs: :P

The Disciple
03-07-2003, 05:02 PM
So how would you go about letting the non-clan players like DD (wonder) and my bro Strider and Wade and some of the good non-clan players play in there? I don&#39;t see how it would work... How would you go about doing that Big? :hmmm:

Sepra
03-07-2003, 05:06 PM
I think he would hand out the sever IP to certain clanless individuals.

ME BIGGD01
03-07-2003, 05:14 PM
well thats a good question and for the well known players even though they are not in a clan they are very talented players and well respected so i would pm them the ip address. i would like to just keep the server open but wonder if clanless will still enter even if it says clan members only. is there away to put password in the game server? that would be ideal this way i can always change it and send pm to clan leaders. hmm that just popped in the marble in my head. thats the way it will be if there is away to set password to enter.

Die Hard
03-07-2003, 08:48 PM
Yes you can definately have password only servers. I know
this because i&#39;ve tried to enter servers b4 and it has said:
password only.

Don&#39;t know how to do it though but there must be loads of
people on GM that can tell you how :thumbs:

Thundarr
03-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Ask Diss he knows, I think&#33; :cool:

Thundarr
03-07-2003, 10:14 PM
Besides, I&#39;m with Sepra, learning, but getting better all the time... :cool:

OUTLAWS Ada
03-07-2003, 11:20 PM
I have to say that I get much more enjoyment out of entering a game full of coloured tags. Mostly because the pleasure comes out of playing folk you know not because I think I am better than any of the noobs I hasten to add&#33;

I like your idea BigD&#33; :thumbs: