PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice...

Dangerous Dan
03-08-2003, 04:53 AM
how many new regulars there are in the public servers now? Most clans dont play nearly as much, and for a while there it was quite impossible to find anyone in the evening. Seems that with the release of the Gold Edition an abundance of new newbs are poping up. Anyone else notice the same thing?

FASTway
03-08-2003, 06:02 AM
Does anyone of the "newbs" show potential??

Dangerous Dan
03-08-2003, 06:06 AM
i think so, for example, Punisher and Venom have come a long way from their debut games

ME BIGGD01
03-08-2003, 06:07 AM
i hear all about this gold edition, what actually is it? i know or heard there were more maps but is there anything differnt that you would consider evryone buying it? it would be fun if everyone had all the maps this way the game would be getting boring with the usual 5 maps.
thanks

FASTway
03-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by The Clanless Wonder@Mar 7 2003, 10:06 PM
i think so, for example, Punisher and Venom have come a long way from their debut games
That is great news,
but I seem to remember punisher for a couple of months now.

FASTway
03-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Mar 7 2003, 10:07 PM
i hear all about this gold edition, what actually is it? i know or heard there were more maps but is there anything differnt that you would consider evryone buying it? it would be fun if everyone had all the maps this way the game would be getting boring with the usual 5 maps.
thanks
It comes with 5 extra deathmatch maps,
and it contains all of serious sam first and second encounter single player levels with a bonus level.

Grimmy
03-08-2003, 06:10 AM
it would bring new life so say to sam, but the netcode still sucks. Till they have something that actually works, I will continue to play a few here and there, but till then, I am starting to get into Quake III :wootrock:

Dangerous Dan
03-08-2003, 06:11 AM
i'm not refering to Punisher as a newb, but he was a newb from a few months ago who has raised through the ranks, now Punisher and Venom school the new newbs, and im sure in time a few of the newbs will gain their status and Punisher will get even better...

Sirc
03-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by The Clanless Wonder@Mar 7 2003, 11:53 PM
how many new regulars there are in the public servers now? Most clans dont play nearly as much, and for a while there it was quite impossible to find anyone in the evening. Seems that with the release of the Gold Edition an abundance of new newbs are poping up. Anyone else notice the same thing?
:blink:

I don't think Venom or Punisher are really noobs. I think they have been around for a while. I think a lot of people are using aliases now. I do from time to time, but people either figure out who I am right away or I just tell them.

The Outlaws play a lot, and so do Gods and DOA|MH. I also see Saints and Villians playing quite a bit. But then I tend to play in late evening EST time, so maybe that's just when the other clans are out the most.

The Empire clan has seemed to have disappeared though. LOL. :rofl:

FASTway
03-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by The Clanless Wonder@Mar 7 2003, 10:11 PM
i'm not refering to Punisher as a newb, but he was a newb from a few months ago who has raised through the ranks, now Punisher and Venom school the new newbs, and im sure in time a few of the newbs will gain their status and Punisher will get even better...
It should only take a month or so to transform from newb to high level player.

Sirc
03-08-2003, 06:18 AM
Oh, I forgot the Mercs. :rolleyes:

DE was playing tonight.

FASTway! Find your damn CD and get back out there fool. :P

FASTway
03-08-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 7 2003, 10:18 PM
Oh, I forgot the Mercs. :rolleyes:

DE was playing tonight.

FASTway! Find your damn CD and get back out there fool. :P
Sorry the CD is GONZO. :bawling:

Dangerous Dan
03-08-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by FASTway+Mar 8 2003, 06:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FASTway @ Mar 8 2003, 06:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 7 2003, 10:18 PM
Oh, I forgot the Mercs.&nbsp; :rolleyes:

DE was playing tonight.

FASTway&#33;&nbsp; Find your damn CD and get back out there fool.&nbsp; :P
Sorry the CD is GONZO. :bawling: [/b][/quote]
:bawling: damn that sucks... and i bet none of the comp stores near where you live still carry an outdated game such as sam :(

Sirc
03-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Is the game still installed on your computer? There is a no CD patch. :angel:

MR. SLiK
03-08-2003, 06:49 AM
Man I havent played Sam in ages and my FPS skills are starting to transfer back to my RTS skills. I switch around like that :D

Ra\/en
03-08-2003, 07:41 AM
Lmao. empire is dead. i was in a game with strider and psyco marz. i asked why they werent using their tags and they said it was gay.

thats funny. it didnt last even a month. :lol:

Hobbes
03-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Ra&#092;/en@Mar 7 2003, 09:41 PM
Lmao.&nbsp; empire is dead.&nbsp; i was in a game with strider and psyco marz.&nbsp; i asked why they werent using their tags and they said it was gay.

thats funny.&nbsp; it didnt last even a month. :lol:
What a stunning surprise&#33; :hmmm:

And I&#39;ve played only 3 or 4 games in the last couple of weeks due to school, working two jobs, trying to develope a PnP rpg campaign, plus spending all my free time mastering my favorite old arcade game via MAME. Gonna get back into things soon though.

Good to hear there some new blood. Interesting this happens while several MERCs seem to be taking a little break from the game; maybe we should do that every once in a while so we stop scaring them all away. :oooo:

Ra\/en
03-08-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Hobbes+Mar 8 2003, 07:57 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Hobbes @ Mar 8 2003, 07:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ra&#092;/en@Mar 7 2003, 09:41 PM
Lmao.* empire is dead.* i was in a game with strider and psyco marz.* i asked why they werent using their tags and they said it was gay.

thats funny.* it didnt last even a month. :lol:
What a stunning surprise&#33; :hmmm:

And I&#39;ve played only 3 or 4 games in the last couple of weeks due to school, working two jobs, trying to develope a PnP rpg campaign, plus spending all my free time mastering my favorite old arcade game via MAME. Gonna get back into things soon though.

Good to hear there some new blood. Interesting this happens while several MERCs seem to be taking a little break from the game; maybe we should do that every once in a while so we stop scaring them all away. :oooo: [/b][/quote]
hehe wont they be suprised when we all get right back into it&#33; :devil:

Casanova
03-08-2003, 11:47 AM
Come to 1.05.
There are a lot of good players (DWF, Figona...). :D

Dangerous Dan
03-08-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Casanova@Mar 8 2003, 11:47 AM
Come to 1.05.
There are a lot of good players (DWF, Figona...). :D
We could say the same thing to you (1.07 i mean).......... ;)

TheUltimateWarrior
03-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Punisher is pretty good, I Thought it was an alias....