PDA

View Full Version : I'm Avoiding the News

Death Engineer
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm so saddened by the situation in CT, but I'm just disgusted by the sensational news coverage. Not only do they immortalize the crazy people that do these things, they practically invite others to do the same by covering the stories gory details non-stop for days afterwards. The worst part to me is emphasizing the body count and then plastering the person's picture all over the place. It just seems like a recipe to build other crazy people that know they will have their day in the media. Therefore, I've just avoided the whole news circuit on TV and the web for the past few days.

In a way, I wish everyone would do the same, but I understand many people want the details. I just hate that it breeds more of what we have today.

Ra\/en
12-18-2012, 06:29 AM
I completely agree with you DE. No good can come from sensationalizing this awful event. I'm not sure how it could be avoided though. I have not watched a minute of television coverage about it, and the only news I get about it are from online forums and the newspaper.

I generally avoid big news sites like FOX, CNN and NBC. They present a very slanted, frustrating and sensationalized story.

Nitro
12-19-2012, 12:49 AM
I completely agree with you DE. No good can come from sensationalizing this awful event. I'm not sure how it could be avoided though. I have not watched a minute of television coverage about it, and the only news I get about it are from online forums and the newspaper.

I generally avoid big news sites like FOX, CNN and NBC. They present a very slanted, frustrating and sensationalized story.

I would say you're a wise man in doing so.

Ra\/en
12-22-2012, 12:02 AM
I would say you're a wise man in doing so.

:). Sometimes I wonder where the best news source is. Everyone seems to have their own slant on things.

EXEcution
12-23-2012, 03:04 AM
:). Sometimes I wonder where the best news source is. Everyone seems to have their own slant on things.

I don't think that there is a best source. Even our own perspectives are skewed, but facts are one thing and opinions are another.

Often if you take a look at both sides you realize how difficult it is to come to a comprehensive, rock-solid conclusion. There will always be some uncertainty.