PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got An Xbox

Bingo
03-08-2013, 10:21 PM
So I finally stepped into the early 2000's and got an Xbox 360.

Feel free to add me, gamertag is Hadoii

Any suggestions for games? Obviously I like FPS. Also like some RPG type stuff, especially if it's got good action and combat. Though not much of a Japanese style (ie Final Fantasy).

Hate SIM type games. Blech.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Bingo

ME BIGGD01
03-10-2013, 11:08 PM
I enjoy the XBOX and all of the features. I mainly use mine for streaming to the television from my server but now with all of the addons you have many more features as well. I posted a while back in software regarding Microsoft account and one of the reasons I brought that up was due to a feature that is highly under rated. If you have a Microsoft account which you most likely do if you setup an xbox, you can utilize sky drive off that too. Considering you love your video snaps, you can put them on your SKY DRIVE and share them on your facebook, send links to friends with permissions to access a folder or file as well. You can have a crowd of people watch a video/pictures on your xbox through your sky drive. The kids enjoy the XBOX as well. The Kinnects is awesome and makes it better with some of the games. I just installed a new app when no one was in the house called karaoke something but you will see in the app store. Looks pretty good for any party at your house.

Of course you will need a gold pass and not sure if it is too late but newegg was selling them for 35 bucks for 1 yr. Of course I didn't realize that in time and just paid 69 bucks through Microsoft. Yeah that pissed me off but what ever I waste money many times in the course of a year and as long as the kids are happy I am cool with it.

Bingo
03-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the tip Biggs. I saw the skydrive feature but didn't really look into it. Sounds like it might be worth checking out.

I did get the gold pass. They are up all the time on some of the deal sites I watch for 35 bucks so that's what I picked up.

He Is Legend
03-12-2013, 05:13 PM
COD and halo are fun, who cares what kind of community it has.

Crysis 3 and Farcry 3 are AMAZING games for the 360, also Forza 4 is the best detailed racing game I've ever laid hands on. and it's only for the Xbox :)

ME BIGGD01
03-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Bingo, The beauty of SKYDRIVE is not just for the xbox. Like Windows 8 or Windows 7 (Mostly Windows 8 which allows you to create a user account solely based off of an online account.) It's the entire eco system which I think is far better than anything out there. Similar to what Google has but realistically how many people are really going to use a Chrome Operating system? The beauty of What Microsoft is doing is it allows you to integrate and get a hold of everything you do and use at any time and any place. They also have made sure it can be accessed from most devices such as your Iphone, Android phones. On the fly you can upload, share files to anyone you want. I said it a while ago that eventually all PC's will become appliance based and that time is about now. Considering you enjoy your Music and pictures/video hobby, this sort of eco system will work best. Now you only get 7 Gigs free with a Microsoft account but for 25 bucks a year you can get an additional 50 GB of space. To me this is a sweet deal regardless of the few who offer similar services. I hope you enjoy it and would love any feed back you have from the experience or even questions if you want to know how to do something. Of course it's better to contact me on FB as it would come to me sooner.