PDA

View Full Version : Server with Bain's Map

OUTLAWS Behind You?
03-15-2003, 01:25 PM
I started a server with only Bain's new map. But because people trying to join without the map took up a slot, it filled up with only two players, Bain and myself. To stop this I added a password. You will need to enter this command to join:
net_strConnectPassword = "bain";Put the above in any startup script or type
net_strConnectPassword="bain"after hitting either "~" or F1 and hit enter.

The server is listed in The All Seeing Eye.

One other thing, very important, do not try to connect before you have installed Bain's map. Doing so will eliminate a player and after 6 attempts, the server will think it's full and no one will be able to join until I re-start the server. This is the reason for the password. Since I plan on being very busy this weekend, I may not notice the problem for hours.

Here's link to her map: Bain's Map (http://www.outlawsrulez.com/holiday/holiday.htm)

Sepra
03-16-2003, 03:05 PM
do you add it to the scripts doing the same steps you listed for the other server?

Crism
03-16-2003, 03:11 PM
i just downloaded it now i have to go test it out... :cool:

OUTLAWS Behind You?
03-16-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Sepra@Mar 16 2003, 09:05 AM
do you add it to the scripts doing the same steps you listed for the other server?
No, a second server with only Bain's new map.

Saretta
03-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Cool :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Behind You?
03-17-2003, 03:57 PM
I think I'll run it on weekends, like my other server. Unless, of course, I start getting bandwidth problems. So far I haven't noticed any, but not too many people were playing Bain's map. This may pick up next weekend.

Oh, and any opinions about this would be appreciated.... :thumbs: