PDA

View Full Version : SAM GAMERS

ME BIGGD01
03-15-2003, 04:36 PM
IT SEEMS MANY ARE TRYING TO CONNECT TO GAME SERVER BUT I NOTICE THEY ARE DISCONNECTED. MAYBE IT IS TOO DIFFICULT TO SET THE PASSWORD FOR SOME AND IT APPEARS NO GAMES ARE GOING ON. I AM NOT AFRAID OF PEOPLE HACKING THE SERVER AS IT IS JUST DEDICATED FOR THE GAME. I JUST DO NOT WANT PEOPLE JOINING AND HARRASSING OTHER PLAYERS AND WOULD LIKE LESS ALIASES IN THE GAME.

THANKS

TheUltimateWarrior
03-15-2003, 04:37 PM
no

Gun Element
03-15-2003, 04:39 PM
I say yes. Its been always empty. And to me personaly I think its very funny being harrased. but of course it can be bad news.

All I can say is yes (again)

V98ci
03-15-2003, 04:41 PM
I voted to open it too all players. I haven't seen that many people harrassing other players. Also I really don't care if they use an alias. I just like to play the game against whoever wants to play. I'm not the best or the worst player. Just a player.

BTW, Thanks for providing the server. :wootrock:

Morpheus
03-15-2003, 04:41 PM
Me say yes. :thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
03-15-2003, 05:13 PM
i will keep it this poll aopen for a day and leave server password free all day. the point about it is having multiple people on the server at once to play. in otice some waiting for others to join than signing off.

GreatWhite
03-15-2003, 05:15 PM
I say yes....

Morpheus
03-15-2003, 05:21 PM
That's my problem. I always join, but then i leave because playing yourself if never any fun. :online2long:

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
03-15-2003, 05:28 PM
I vote yes... i think you have to bann only the bad player :hmmm: :WTF: :WTF:

OUTLAWS The Machine
03-15-2003, 05:45 PM
It would be nice if it was possible to disable in-game chat.

Casanova
03-15-2003, 05:55 PM
I voted NO.

The Matrix
03-15-2003, 06:17 PM
I think it should be open to all because it is hard to get into the game even when the password is off because of all the people! LOL! But I guess it fine with me if its open to all! :thumbs:

GreatWhite
03-15-2003, 07:03 PM
Yeah well said Matrix... :jammin:

Morpheus
03-15-2003, 07:13 PM
He's a babbling idiot. (matrix) :P :P :P j/k.

Drunken Warrior
03-15-2003, 07:46 PM
I voted no, not because of the harrasing, but because of the aliases. I've heard all of the exuses (too tired, not at my best, too drunk, too much spamming, new hardware, etc... ) and I just think it is all lame. People, this is just a game and if you don't have the moxie to play with the tags that "YOU" chose to play with, then I say don't play at all. I just think it is unfair to the other players who are beating, or getting beat by you to know who it is that they're playing with, just my opinion.

ME BIGGD01
03-15-2003, 09:02 PM
i do not like the aliases either but notice more and more of the tags being used today. if you beat me you beat with my tags on always. i agree it's just a game and if you use an alias you are cheating your own clan out because if you do kick ass, it doesnt look proper to post it. but i wont bother with the alias stuff becuase i do not think it will change so i play on and do not treat anyone like a nube if i see a new name because they usually suprise ya with a nice shotty to the head.

Slice
03-15-2003, 09:13 PM
I don't mind the aliases as much as I hate when people start talking to me while I am playing. Or they type something and just keep hitting enter and making it appear until someone answers them. That really annoys the hell out of me.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
03-15-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Drunken Warrior@Mar 15 2003, 11:46 AM
I voted no, not because of the harrasing, but because of the aliases. I've heard all of the exuses (too tired, not at my best, too drunk, too much spamming, new hardware, etc... ) and I just think it is all lame. People, this is just a game and if you don't have the moxie to play with the tags that "YOU" chose to play with, then I say don't play at all. I just think it is unfair to the other players who are beating, or getting beat by you to know who it is that they're playing with, just my opinion.
mE LikeS wHat U sEd!

Please...................everyone....play with the tag you've chosen. It's the mature thing to do. :wave:

Morpheus
03-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Yeah. Join a clan so be proud to show it's tags. :P

Morpheus
03-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Mar 15 2003, 04:02 PM
i do not like the aliases either but notice more and more of the tags being used today. if you beat me you beat with my tags on always. i agree it's just a game and if you use an alias you are cheating your own clan out because if you do kick ass, it doesnt look proper to post it. but i wont bother with the alias stuff becuase i do not think it will change so i play on and do not treat anyone like a nube if i see a new name because they usually suprise ya with a nice shotty to the head.
One, great point. Two, i'm in second place by one for top spammers. ;)

i'm gonna break 1000 today.

The Matrix
03-16-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by TheRenegadeEncounter@Mar 15 2003, 02:13 PM
He's a babbling idiot. (matrix) :P :P :P j/k.
At least I like spamming like a moron..... :lol: j/k

Sirc
03-16-2003, 04:44 AM
I voted to leave it open. I use an alias, but only on Friday nights. Just for kicks. My excuse for doing it is "because I want to". Simple as that. Does this mean I'm ashamed of my clan? Hell no! I always have, and always will consider the Outlaws the absolute best clan. I love my clan, I am proud of my clan. All of the Outlaws are very important to me. And, as some people have found out in the past, if you mess with one of my clan members then I'm usually the 1st one to jump up and rip you a new one.

I realize that the Outlaws may not be thrilled with me using an alias occasionally, but they put up with it and don't harass me about it because they are good people.

V98ci has got the right attitude. Just play the game the way you want to, and let other people do the same.

I started to fall into the same trap that I see many others falling into here. I started hating aliases, pup users, spammers, and people who don't do the "honorable" thing and use only the shotty. Then I realized what a bunch of crap that was. Just enjoy the game, and let other people enjoy it too.

I do, however, think that trash talk sucks. Don't do it please. That crap ruins the game for EVERYONE. :drink:

mod
03-16-2003, 05:42 AM
ill add to SIRC statement we at DOA are open and willing to teach and play all players of whatever calibeer (spelling on purpose) the great game of sam ..! this forum __our server should be welcome to everybody who plays sam ..its the game bottom line why i play .i love the engine and it makes me a better kill gamer.. in a vast assortment of games...............play the game have fun and enjoy the players who are playing ..make ffriends become a better player etc it all comes down to respect..,,,,,,,,anyways well see you in the game....... i would like to say thanks to all the great players and personalities here on gamemecca!!!cheers :drink: to all of ya .. a big DOA toast..see you in the game (hopefully you wont see me ) hehe

ME BIGGD01
03-16-2003, 06:20 AM
well, after reading all the posts in the thread and looking at the poll i will not have the server set for password only. thanks to all of you and all i can do is ask all to just keep an eye out not just for my server but all the guys providing the servers. there are alot of people that get mad in the forum and/or madd from one of you whooping that ass so they feel trying to harrass or hack into the systems is some sort of payback. the true picture is it's just a game and people are playing it to have fun--simple as that. i for one think 98% of the people at gm are great people and enjoy playing them. i will always offer any help i can to assist them with a problem if asked as some can vouch with that. i may have different views than some and be very out spoken ON SOME TOPICS(thats the way i am in real life)but i am a person who will be there for ya if you need me.

i have been playing alot of good games lately against some really good people from all clans of gm and also some players from the gods (my old clan and still consider them brothers). i never have a problem with any of you in a game and i am happy with that. i feel the atmosphere (did i spell that right?) here and in the games have been better than ever. we all need to just pull the weeds out as soon as we can so they do not cause harm to the sorta family we got going with all of this.

P.S. THE 2% I REALLY DO NOT KNOW THEM :P

thanks,
ME BIGGD

Sirc
03-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Mar 16 2003, 01:20 AM
well, after reading all the posts in the thread and looking at the poll i will not have the server set for password only. thanks to all of you and all i can do is ask all to just keep an eye out not just for my server but all the guys providing the servers. there are alot of people that get mad in the forum and/or madd from one of you whooping that ass so they feel trying to harrass or hack into the systems is some sort of payback. the true picture is it's just a game and people are playing it to have fun--simple as that. i for one think 98% of the people at gm are great people and enjoy playing them. i will always offer any help i can to assist them with a problem if asked as some can vouch with that. i may have different views than some and be very out spoken ON SOME TOPICS(thats the way i am in real life)but i am a person who will be there for ya if you need me.

i have been playing alot of good games lately against some really good people from all clans of gm and also some players from the gods (my old clan and still consider them brothers). i never have a problem with any of you in a game and i am happy with that. i feel the atmosphere (did i spell that right?) here and in the games have been better than ever. we all need to just pull the weeds out as soon as we can so they do not cause harm to the sorta family we got going with all of this.

P.S. THE 2% I REALLY DO NOT KNOW THEM :P

thanks,
ME BIGGD
Well said BIGG! And I think most of us consider it a duty to watch out for our servers. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say how much those that provide us with the servers are appreciated. :thumbs:

And BIGG, I know that you aren't fond of aliases. But when I use one its is certainly not to piss anyone off. It just adds a little extra spice to the game for me. However, if someone asks me who I am, I will tell them (unless they start trash talking me 1st, or are they are also using an alias and don't tell me who they are :P ).

Thanks BIGG for helping to keep our very special community alive and thriving! :thumbs: :drink: :wootrock:

JIMINATOR
03-16-2003, 07:44 AM
Yeah, I was wondering what was going on with that server. I just like to play, and I have found a lot of good play on that server. Not much really bothers me, well except some people that have names that are like 1000 characters long that clutter up the screen. The chat for the most part i ignore. You can't play and type, and pausing after you are dead takes you out of the game for that duration, so whatever. There are a lot of playing styles that I don't like, but I realize that for a lot of people, that is the only way that they can survive and get some kills. The rest are like artists. Like i hate the grenadiers, but being able to do that, and do it well is a part of the game.

Crism
03-16-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Mar 16 2003, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I was wondering what was going on with that server. I just like to play, and I have found a lot of good play on that server. Not much really bothers me, well except some people that have names that are like 1000 characters long that clutter up the screen. The chat for the most part i ignore. You can't play and type, and pausing after you are dead takes you out of the game for that duration, so whatever. There are a lot of playing styles that I don't like, but I realize that for a lot of people, that is the only way that they can survive and get some kills. The rest are like artists. Like i hate the grenadiers, but being able to do that, and do it well is a part of the game.
agreed