PDA

View Full Version : Yo Damz or anybody on dial-up

Gharac
03-18-2003, 07:57 AM
I've been asked by a few buds how this games runs on dial-up. Bone told me Damz was on dial-up. Damz or anybody have some insight to share? :wave:

EDIT: For clarification, Gharac is referring to Dark Age of Camelot, of which game the Whitehawk guild belongs.

Sirc
03-18-2003, 08:02 AM
:shifty: The chameleon. :shifty:

GreatWhite
03-18-2003, 08:08 AM
i'm on dial-up , my usual ping is aroung 150...

Not bad...

EDIT: This post refers to Serious Sam and is not relevant.

Gharac
03-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by GreatWhite@Mar 18 2003, 08:08 AM
i'm on dial-up , my usual ping is aroung 150...

Not bad...
While I appreciate your insight on ping.....your spam does not answer my question. :WTF:

Mitchyl
03-18-2003, 03:30 PM
From what I've heard, it does ok. But in extreme situations like the mass zerg that Citizen posted a few screenshots of, I think it's pretty laggy. Damzel or Thaline would know though since they are on dial up.

Mitchyl

Nick
03-18-2003, 05:44 PM
:blink: ICH NICHKT BEK LAN !!!!

Damzelindistress
03-19-2003, 05:50 AM
Gharac,
I don't have any trouble during normal game play. However when there are 100 or more people then things start to get annoying :bandhead: . During raids when the albs start moving I find that I ld alot ( unless I stand way behind in the line) Keme gave a helpful tip about looking up. I lose the person I am af on ( auto follow). It does stink when the big stuff happens in game :wacko: . But it doesn't stop me from playing :)

Thaline
03-19-2003, 06:12 AM
Gharac,

I also play on dial-up. Most of the time, you cant really tell a difference. The only time that the game lags bad is if there is an unusually high amount of activity on the screen (mass keep raids, dungeons, etc). If you type Shift-P you can have a monitor on your screen that tells you your lag rate. Green = good, yellow = some lag, red = you may lag out of the game. In rvr, it is not uncommon for me to lag out (or LD) from the game continually. But, if I am playing in the regular Albion realm, lags are pretty uncommon. I do, however, tend to lag more in Shrouded Isles vs. Albion. Just let me know if you have any other questions :)

Thaline

Gharac
03-19-2003, 06:58 AM
Thanks Gang! :thumbs:

Citizen
03-20-2003, 12:43 AM
i play on a LAN in my dorm room (which often has worse ping than dialup, other times is perfect) and on dialup at home.

on dialup i am consistently a half second behind the server and in BG1 i spent 3 hours in a keep defense with 50+ ppl without a problem.

in my dorm room i took those screenshots and i actually had display problems so i could not tell you if i had connection lag (200+ ppl doesnt make AMD 1700+ and a GeForce2 64 happy)

Citizen