PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on gold maps?

JIMINATOR
03-20-2003, 05:56 PM
How many people like the gold maps? Some of them appear to be pretty laggy. Others are interesting, but also strange, maybe too strange, maybe too big. Thoughts?

Fantum309
03-20-2003, 06:16 PM
Well, the Sun Palace is not too big unless you get outside the main game area. Actually, If you went unlimited ammo and went outside, you could have even more fun. Inside is cramped. Very close quarters. If you use a canon, you risk rebounds killing yourself. Actually, it is pretty funny when it happens but still fun! Maybe just because its just different. :hmmm:

Now, how about the Outlaws Holiday map? That is a large map! :thumbs:

As far as lag, haven't noticed it! :wave:

Saretta
03-20-2003, 06:23 PM
I like the Go hunting map (that's the one with the 4 invis and snipers all around) It's fun if u wanna camp and snipe :P
SunPalace is a little risky for rocket launchers.
Lefty is fun and IMO a good frag map :thumbs:
Docking Bay is okay but not my prefered one.
And this map where u start some meters over the ground with the water in the middle is a little strange IMO

All in all it's nice to play some different and new maps from time to time.

Grimmy
03-20-2003, 07:18 PM
I don't think they are too bad, but I like Bain's map better then a couple of them. ;)

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
03-20-2003, 10:11 PM
I like them.
But Bain's map is nicer.

Hobbes
03-20-2003, 10:37 PM
I don't really like them that much. They're all kind of like Yodeller; small, and with no real cover. I like being able to double back and take different paths to chase and evade people and its just not possible to play that way when your cover is just a lone pillar. You can't lose someone, they'll still know you're behind that same pillar. And also the gold maps tend to have a lot of pups, and in small maps where you can't really escape pups are really powerful. Not too fun for someone who prefers to play no pups. :P

Casanova
03-21-2003, 06:29 PM
I don't like them much....

Dangerous Dan
03-21-2003, 09:11 PM
I love all the new maps except GO hunting, that one is just plain bad, there is minimal of the "frantic action feeling" that serious sam is all about.

Morpheus
03-21-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Mar 20 2003, 12:56 PM
How many people like the gold maps? Some of them appear to be pretty laggy. Others are interesting, but also strange, maybe too strange, maybe too big. Thoughts?
They're only laggy cause your video card. upgrade and notice no lag in yodeller. :cool:

Die Hard
03-24-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Hobbes@Mar 20 2003, 10:37 PM
I don't really like them that much. They're all kind of like Yodeller; small, and with no real cover. I like being able to double back and take different paths to chase and evade people and its just not possible to play that way when your cover is just a lone pillar. You can't lose someone, they'll still know you're behind that same pillar. And also the gold maps tend to have a lot of pups, and in small maps where you can't really escape pups are really powerful. Not too fun for someone who prefers to play no pups. :P
Hobbes, i find myself agreeing with lots of stuff you say!? :wacko:

You're not me when i'm asleep are you :w00t: :w00t:

Sepra
03-25-2003, 12:23 PM
I agree with the opinion that Bain's new map rocks any of the Gold maps!! :wootrock:

I wish it would be added to an Outlaws server!! :oooo:

I agree that the maps are laggy.
I dont like Go Hunting at all. I dont like sniping so maybe that's why.
That one that Bain was talking about that you fall into the water........I agree it's a strange map. It's alright, not my favorite.
The other's are pretty cool. Lefty needed some getting used to :wacko: but lots of amo/armor and places to sneak.

OPTIMOOSE
03-26-2003, 01:15 PM
The maps rock..

Slash
03-26-2003, 01:20 PM
I like them all, even Go Hunting which is different but still fun. Hobbes, you are such a powerup snob! :cool:

Hobbes
03-26-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Slash@Mar 26 2003, 03:20 AM
I like them all, even Go Hunting which is different but still fun. Hobbes, you are such a powerup snob! :cool:
Bah humbug! I only ever say anything about it in this sort of thread. :P