PDA

View Full Version : Rumsfeld apologizes to France & Germany

V98ci
03-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld apologized today for referring to France and Germany as an "Axis of Weasels."
"I'm sorry about that Axis of Weasels remark," said Mr. Rumsfeld. "I didn't mean to dredge up the history France and Germany share of pathetic compliance with ruthless dictators." The Defense Secretary said he was "way out of bounds" with the comments. "I should have known better than to remind people that these two nations--which live in freedom thanks only to the righteous might of America, Britain and their allies--that these nations are morally and politically bankrupt, and have failed to learn the lessons of history," he said.

"It really was an inappropriate thing to say--you know the Axis of Weasels thing. I really should not have called them the Axis of Weasels. I think it's the 'Weasels' part that was most offensive... you know, when I said that France and Germany form an Axis of Weasels. Of course, I'm so sorry."

The Defense Secretary continued, "I want it to be known that no other man holds the weasel in as high a regard as I do, and I'll be the first to point out the crucial role this noble creature plays in our ecosystem. I went way over the line comparing the weasel to a bunch of rude, unwashed, leftist Euroweenie surrender monkeys who change their underwear once a month whether they need to or not.

And I just did it again, didn't I? I just insulted the monkeys. I'm quitting while I'm ahead."

Haze
03-20-2003, 08:11 PM
Is this a joke?, im starting to get real tired of the insults on
european people, we have different way of looking at things and
its time for u to accept that.

Saretta
03-20-2003, 08:18 PM
I agree with Haze. I'm really tired of reading those comments here.

Elessar
03-20-2003, 09:30 PM
i think its very funny.

»°ßåD«
03-20-2003, 09:34 PM
I fed up of it aswell :dry:

V98ci
03-20-2003, 10:14 PM
For those of you that couldn’t tell, IT WAS A JOKE!

Donald Rumsfeld has been a politician long enough to know not to say something like that. Although I’m sure he has thought it to himself on more than one occasion.

I apologize that a simple joke has offended some of your delicate sensibilities. But for the most part, TRUTH HURTS. I’m sure that most European people are not that different from Americans. We work, play and hope that our kids grow up in a better world. I don’t relish the thought of war. Conversely, I do believe the world will be a better place without Saddam and those like him.

You claim to see things differently. That’s the difference between us. We see an evil dictator that will stop at nothing to stay in power. We see the potential for more terrorist attacks against your nations as well as our own. We see a nation of people that has been oppressed, subjugated, and tortured in to submission.

What do you see, friends?

PS: I thought the joke was funny as well.

Hobbes
03-20-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by V98ci@Mar 20 2003, 12:14 PM
For those of you that couldn’t tell, IT WAS A JOKE!

A bunch of racist arab hating Americans who want that Iraqi oil? And then they get all pissy when other countries decide not to help them attack a country that hasn't done anything to them at this point?

For those of you that couldn't tell, THAT WAS A JOKE! Lol, vague, sweeping and innacurate generalizations are so funny! Oh wait, you mean Americans don't think the jokes are funny when its about them? Well, surprise! The Europeans aren't impressed by jokes we make about them either. :P

Sauron
03-20-2003, 10:55 PM
I'm just generally fed up with war threads, war joke threads and stuff like that! IMHO its enough to be bombarded with that on the TV stations and everywhere else! I wanna have at least one place where i can avoid beeing told something about war! ( At least if it isn't about a PC/console game that contains this topic! ) ! I wanna have one place to hang out and enjoy everything but if u all think that war is funny or if u think u all have to be war correspondents in here i wanna have one member of this forum that collects all interesting NON war threads for me and sends me a link of that via PM cause then i will refrain from visiting this forum until war is over !!!

No offence to anyone in here

Aries
03-20-2003, 11:22 PM
I will say only this...

GM is a game forum, please don't turn it into a political one

Sirc
03-20-2003, 11:34 PM
:hmmm: How about if we limited things to mercilessly bashing those Democratics in the U.S. House of Representatives that continue to publically critisize the President concerning Iraq?? :w00t: :angel:

MR. SLiK
03-21-2003, 12:25 AM
I didnt think it was official, but i read an article from the newspaper my US history teacher tacked up and it turns out the House of Representatives has changed French Fries to Freedom Fries in the House cafe. Such babies.

Slice
03-21-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Aries@Mar 20 2003, 06:22 PM
I will say only this...

GM is a game forum, please don't turn it into a political one
This is off topic is not? If you don't like it, don't click on it.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
03-21-2003, 12:32 AM
Please read the thread I started
LINK (http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=10759)

Sauron
03-21-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Mar 21 2003, 01:21 AM
Guys/Gals things are a little tense these days and for good reason. This is the Off Topic forum. The title of the thread was political in nature. If something looks like it may upset you, don't read it.....my .02
Ok i'm german and german/germany is in the thread title so isn't it just natural that i'm curious whats going on in there???????

Sirc
03-21-2003, 01:03 AM
You know how if you play heavy metal music backwards you get Satanic messages? You know what you get if you play country western music backwards? You get your wife back. You get your truck back. You get your dog back.....

:w00t:

Saretta
03-21-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 21 2003, 02:03 AM
You know how if you play heavy metal music backwards you get Satanic messages? You know what you get if you play country western music backwards? You get your wife back. You get your truck back. You get your dog back.....

:rofl:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
03-21-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 20 2003, 08:03 PM

:rofl: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

Haze
03-21-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Mar 21 2003, 01:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Mar 21 2003, 01:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Aries@Mar 20 2003, 06:22 PM
I will say only this...

GM is a game forum, please don&#39;t turn it into a political one
This is off topic is not? If you don&#39;t like it, don&#39;t click on it. [/b][/quote]
Does "off topic" mean that it is free to insult people?

Haze
03-21-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by V98ci@Mar 20 2003, 11:14 PM
For those of you that couldn’t tell, IT WAS A JOKE&#33;

Donald Rumsfeld has been a politician long enough to know not to say something like that. Although I’m sure he has thought it to himself on more than one occasion.

I apologize that a simple joke has offended some of your delicate sensibilities. But for the most part, TRUTH HURTS. I’m sure that most European people are not that different from Americans. We work, play and hope that our kids grow up in a better world. I don’t relish the thought of war. Conversely, I do believe the world will be a better place without Saddam and those like him.

You claim to see things differently. That’s the difference between us. We see an evil dictator that will stop at nothing to stay in power. We see the potential for more terrorist attacks against your nations as well as our own. We see a nation of people that has been oppressed, subjugated, and tortured in to submission.

PS: I thought the joke was funny as well.
Its not a joke, its a insult and do u really think we dont see that saddam is a dictator? Do u think we are less intelligent then u are over there?
I support The brits and the americans in their action to try to remove
Saddam, what i dont support is that people in THIS place barf out alot trash
about european people, this is a gaming community and u might point to
"off topic", but people here can still take it personaly when some persons here spit out bad things about their country, its a low thing to do and i think u should keep it to yourself of respect of your fellow playing friends in here.
I wonder what would have happen if anybody had posted stuff like this about USA, had u got mad then?, well i think so.

Keep on playing :jammin:

Fantum309
03-21-2003, 03:38 PM
Well, I was just thinking this morning that I really like GM and I have enjoyed EVERY visit here. Between Serious Sam and GM, I have made many many friends and I was just thinking earlier today that I appreciate having the opportunity to have made friends in the UK, in France, in Germany and Denmark and right here in my own country, the US&#33; I had been very proud of the fact that most of us have been able to set aside our political differences and still have friendly relationships. I know for instance that I have a NEW friend in France who feels bad about what his country is NOT doing but he is NOT to blame. I DO NOT blame him or anyone else for that matter for what their government is or is not doing&#33; I believe we all agree that we do not condone terrorism, and we all do not want dictators like saddam and osama to have anymore power than what they had&#33; I am not opposed to freedom of speech but we have to maintain some dignity and respect with each other. C&#39;mon, let&#39;s not make this personal, &#39;cause it ain&#39;t, and it shouldn&#39;t be&#33;

Haze
03-21-2003, 07:28 PM
:thumbs:

Oops, was that a spam? :shifty:

Pure_Evil
03-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Fantum309
Posted: Mar 21 2003, 10:38 AM
Well, I was just thinking this morning that I really like GM and I have enjoyed EVERY visit here. Between Serious Sam and GM, I have made many many friends and I was just thinking earlier today that I appreciate having the opportunity to have made friends in the UK, in France, in Germany and Denmark and right here in my own country, the US&#33; I had been very proud of the fact that most of us have been able to set aside our political differences and still have friendly relationships. I know for instance that I have a NEW friend in France who feels bad about what his country is NOT doing but he is NOT to blame. I DO NOT blame him or anyone else for that matter for what their government is or is not doing&#33; I believe we all agree that we do not condone terrorism, and we all do not want dictators like saddam and osama to have anymore power than what they had&#33; I am not opposed to freedom of speech but we have to maintain some dignity and respect with each other. C&#39;mon, let&#39;s not make this personal, &#39;cause it ain&#39;t, and it shouldn&#39;t be&#33;

I must agree with you&#33; I have made a few friends Europe since joining GM. They have been kind and generous to me. When I first saw the post, I thought it was funny. Then I thought about how my friends from Germany would feel and the humor was gone.....